mi first grow journal

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by abrahtd98, Dec 20, 2012.

1. just started attempting to grow not long ago and want peoples inputs and help to make it successful, first off i have a very low budget but can still try to make it work. germinated the seeds (regular bag seeds) for 24 hours, then stuck in miracle grow soil in dixie cups, placed in box lined with foil and a plant light on for 18-6 cycle this is what it looks like day two

any advice so far?

Attached Files:

2. What's the soil say on the bag? How much nutrients are in them? You may burn the babies because there is to much nutrients in the soil

3. idk i can check in a bit but is the grow light good or should i get a different bulb? and would the miracle grow be good or just dirt from outside?

4. Don't use mg soil go get some good soil like ffof mg will burn ur plants it sucks and get rid of the foil it causes hotspots will burn them also

5. How many watts is that bulb true watts not equivelant

6. ok i'll take the foil out and i believe it's 65 watts

7. Ur gonna need more light than that. They say 100w for a plant plus 50w for each additional plant otherwise ur going to get a few bowl packs in ur yield

8. I see it all the time people think they can grow a mature plant and get 4oz with a 50w bulb. If ur gonna do it u might as well do it right. Do u really think ur gonna grow 6 plants with a 65w bulb

9. dude again i'm not caring too much for yield at this second just trying to successfully grow lol but ive read that those kinda spiral lights are good to use is that true?

10. Yea u can have a good grow with enough of them

11. 6 plants with 65 watts probably wont make it to harvest.

12. ok well i'm probably gunna go get another light today or early tomorrow

13. Ur not gonna grow 6 plants with 130 w either

14. ive read a few but it seems like i always get mixed responses i went and got all organic soil right w i'm germinating a new group to try the right way, i also got a 175 watt mercury vapor bulb with 6000k since i'm trying a smaller batch

15. #16 Tonywax, Dec 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2012
    Your better off doing 1-2 plants instead of 6 if you don't have enough lighting. For example you have 2 plants sharing a plate of food (your light) or you have 6 plants sharing the light. Your going to have 2 happy plants who produce bigger, better nugs. Or 6 plants who produce much smaller nugs. You can always go more plants when you get more lights in there.

In my tents I have 4 plants per 600watt light

16. I agree with Tonywax,try maybe 3-plants max with some CFL lighting in different spectrum.MG as soil is touchy with its time release fertilizer,if you have to use it dont add any nutrients until you switch from veg to flower.