mh or t5's?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by juniorgrower, Dec 8, 2011.

1. I am ready to buy a new lighting system and was hoping to get some advice on what to buy. I am either going to get a MH or a t5. thanks

2. I prefer t5s for their high light/low energy/low heat aspects.

Check out my grow. I'm vegging with a t5. You can keep it Hella close so you don't have stretch and save money on power

3. I completely agree, T5's all the way for cloning / vegging.

4. Thanks for the input. Wow 4jo2nes0 that is a bushy plant your growing. Thats what I want. I am definately going to go with a t5 setup.

5. can we get some specifics to your set up. vents, size, ect. how are you growing.

6. [quote name='"juniorgrower"']Thanks for the input. Wow 4jo2nes0 that is a bushy plant your growing. Thats what I want. I am definately going to go with a t5 setup.[/quote]

Thanks buddy! My main stem is tied around my lid as well. I'll show you a pic of the skeletal system in a minute... Smoking on my lunch break. :smoke:

7. None if the ties are still there but you can see the curve on the main stem. :)

ForumRunner_20111209_151215.png

8. Any one know how well a Blue Spectrum LED stacks up to an MH/T5? I think I wanna go the LED route but I'm not 100% sure just yet.

9. My grow room is 3x5x7. I am growing organically with ffof. I have 5 chemdogs, 1 diesel, and 1 blue venom. I have a 4" inline exhaust fan with a 6" wall mount fan circulating the air. I vegged with a 400w MH but now need it to run my HPS bulb for flowering. I am going to build another 3x5x7 room for vegging so I am going to buy a t5 setup. I am going to also buy a 600 watt setup to get better lighting for the flowering room.

10. I'm running T5s for veg. Old reef lights, 10,000K white and either 420 or 460nm Actinic blue can't remember which. I love how close I can keep them to the plants, and the blue spectrum from the Actinics makes them grow crazy bushy.