MH + HPS..Or Just HPS?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by TTNT, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Hey everybody, I just have a quick question before I order my lighting equipment from HTG..

Originally my plan was to get the 400watt HPS +MH Conversion bulb..WITH a COOLTUBE..:smoking:

Those still are my plans; however, I read somewhere that HPS at Veg. state can be better than the Traditional MH.:eek:

I will still be using the HPS for the flowering stage, I was just wondering what kind of lighting I can put my germinated seeds under? medium?

Over the next day or so I will be constructing a 2x3x6 box. (should I make a seperate compartment for the clones/seedlings?)

Help, Ideas, and Suggestions are appreciated:wave:

2. MH is better suited for vegetative growth, however HPS works too. I have my plants under an HPS right now 18/6 and they are growing phenomenally.

For germinating seeds try the light at 1/2 power or look into some CFL's/floros. The power of the HID light will fry the little seedlings until they are about 6" tall.

If you want just one box to do it all, then I would suggest a separate compartment for clones/seedlings. Else, you can make a small box to put the mother and clones away from the grow one.

Peace and happy planting :)

3. My suggestion would be some high wattage CFLs for germination and the beginning of the veg stage (for clones and such). Hope this helps,

TG

EDIT: So in other words, exactly what Fayt said...whoops didnt read his post before