MH HPS hybrid bulbs

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by No Ego, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Hortilux also sells them, I would like to know if anyone has used or reds a review?

Thanks

2. yes i am looking to get those but i want to read a review before i do

3. I've used that bulb with a Lumatek 600 for the past year. This was my first HID setup so I don't have anything to compare with. I am new to growing but after 3-4 grows I switched to organic ferts and can post results in July. My biggest concern with this light is that it only has 68K lumens but I do like the fact that it has full color.
    My setup :

Lumatek 600 Digital Ballast
    Airoflow reflector
    AgroMax 600 Hybrid light + 1 spare
    Carbon filter
    2 - 6in fans
    Lots of ONA gel lately

4. the main prob with them is low lumen out put an short life. about half of what is normal and then they start to shift and lose output.

5. Jimmy and Deep buddy:

What was your average yield per plant when using these bulbs?

Thanks

6. Put the light into use in Aug 2010. As I said I'm organic this time and also using 3 gal smart pots. Can give results in July but I am very happy right now.

7. dont get me wrong they are great bulbs esp the eye/iwasaka blue daylight envelope. my main point is that it is more novelty in my opinion but i also have multiple fixtures, so i would just use a blue daylight eye/iwasaka and a super hps which at 1000w each is like 140000 +80000 . its the halide that shortens its life halides have shorter lifespans. they work great but arent worth the extra money unless you only have one fixture.