MH CONVERSION bulb?wtf. . . .

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Flow_DOC_Duece, Dec 13, 2006.

1. aight, so i got my 400w ballast and bulbs.

Plugged in the MH conversion, damn bright light. un plug it and start tinkerin the box.

plugged it in again and realized i had to tinker some more, so i unplugged it.

Finished tinkering and plug in the light. . . .LIGHTS NOT TURNIN ON!!!!!

hmm. . . .at this point i'm like ahh shit somehow the ballast burnt out!? Take MH bulb out and plug in the HPS, it works!!

So my question is how can you tell if the MH bulb is burn?? By looking at it nothing seems to be disconnected on the inside. How can you tell if it's burnt?

Any suggestions with these lights will be greatly appreciated and rewarded with a nice

grow journal :D :p

2. alot of HID bulbs, if you cut power and turn back on, will take a few minutes before it'll fire again. i always thought it was the ballast that was the cause for this delay, but after the same f'ing thing happened to me i realized. let the bulb sit for a few and try it again. that's why the hps worked, i believe. somewhere on my ballast it says to wait 15 minutes before re-firing. if that's not it, dead bulb, but most places will warranty a bulb for one year.