mh bulb

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by 06cbrboy, Jul 6, 2010.

1. I just recently acquired a 250 watt mh old school vert. base and ballast in one. i work at a greenhouse :hello: right now sucks buts poinsetetas umm spelling are bout to start after mums any way the bulb is a slyvania 250 watt mh the bulb says 250w m58/E it also says m250/u metalarc. I think this is just an all round mh bulb. I currently have a space that is 3x3 and some inches on both a mylared tent. I am running 2' 8 bulb t5 fixture w/ side lighting how would this 250 watter w/ so fluros around the sides would do does the U stand for universal as in i can turn it on its side cuz the lamp sucks the way it is its an old school cooper lighting lamp that hangs from the top bulb pointing down and ballast on top should i sale this or use??? Never went the hid way like to do things diff i think a combo will give me a little better harvest. any suggestions or comments on the light ill see if i can upload some pics it has a damn street light like reflector around it gotta rig up somthin asap my boss is a master grower with a degree so if you have q's that wouldnt be obvious ask away i always am asking him stuff:rolleyes:! Sorry bout length later and thanks

2. Ive found its a magnetic ballast anyone know how well this would do in a tent thats 3x3 i have plenty of fluros if they would be needed. Just wondered what the best bulb might be

3. anyone i dont wanna move it to another catagory to get some help.

4. bump help please never had hid lights just fluros lookin to use both

5. If your running anything hotter than CFL's for a 3x3 grow spot you better make sure there is proper ventilation and the bulbs/ballast don't overheat. This can cause a safety hazard.

If you use the magnetic ballast combo you probably won't need the CFL's unless you wanna put them in the undergrowth so as to get more light to the bottom leaves.

I just started my first grow, but im pretty sure this info will suffice in answering your question.

Good luck :smoking:

6. actually ive already ran a run! ya know in the tent once with the 2'x'2 t5 ,2 2ft t5, 4 20in wide specs and a 2.5'x4' 6 tube t5 all t5s are ho. i also had up to 5 cfls in this tent at one time. i had all those in the tent at once for flowering. I have a 250cfm sunleaves exhaust to a can i have a vacume with 2 4" intakes :p inside the tent i moves plenty air just want to know if its gonna help with the density and size of the flowers

7. Yes. Vegging w/ MH will stimulate branching, so more bud sites. THEN flowering w/ HPS will give you the density you're looking for.

8. ahh thank u! no hps as of yet money is extremly tight lookin for my kiddie to come poppin out bout harvest time go figure lol but works out for us lol good time to have a kid huh!:hello:. any way id be cool to start with mh and fluros then when i flower i know i should use hps but the mh will be better for the top main light "light shining down" than a 2'X2' 8 tube ho t5 wont it. better meaning a little better bud density size and weight. fluros will be in play at the bottom and sides of the tent{secret Jardin 3x3 bout 5'3" or so tall. I got amazing branching without any pruning of any kind well bout a week before 12/12 i had to lolipop the tops so i guess that helped side branching also, out of using my t5's and like 100 watt of cfl's and 64 watts of wide spec lights. The more blue spec the more braches and less distance between internodes right. Ive also heard not sure if accurate or not but if you give your plants lots and lots of blue spec forget the nano meter #'s but it ups the percentage of have girls develop.:smoking: