MH Bulb Shattered. HPS or Natural Sunlight?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by bruce6000, Oct 1, 2008.

1. Sup Tokers,

I shattered my 400 watt MH bulb recently. Can't really afford a new one at the moment. I have several plants still in the vegetative stage. They are currently growing under my 400 watt HPS bulb.

Question: is it a good idea to give the plants some natural sunlight in the day (so they don't get too stringy with the HPS bulb) and move them in the house at night? Or should I just let them grow under the HPS until I can get my hands on a new MH bulb?

Appreciate the feedback

Peace!

2. i would definitely just use the HPS bulb. the sun gives off some nasty UV rays that indoor plants just aren't used to and will probably kill them. plus this late in the season it's just gonna mess em up

HPS should do just fine anyway. although it is a mainly red/orange light, it has enough blue in it to work. might see a little bit of stretching but no biggie.

3. That's exactly what I wanted to hear, bro. Wasn't looking forward to moving 7 containers back and forth every day.

Peace!

4. lol glad to hear i could help :D

5. yup busted mine with my head had burns for days picked up a mh and hps from home depot 400 watters for 65 bucks couldn,t believe it but compared my hortilux red/blue 400 with the hps from home depot seems a lot more yellow but slightly brighter

6. ummmm.....to answer your outdoor question......you can move your grows outdoors if your still getting decent sunlight. Your plants will love it. I do it all the time when i can in the summer...and drag them in on rainy days....and ive had killer plants.
    Read about light spectrums and wavelengths....lumens...par...etc. The uv and uvb is a necessary/non-necessary element in hooch growing. Its actually been considered to add to leds for hooch alone. so.......drag them out till you get your light.

7. ok...i missed your last post....haha! btw....hortilux is the best company for hps.......and their research on spectral efficiency is awesome.....and I use leds!! lol!! I respect the conscience of quality companies....wether they are my light choice or not. PEACE!!!

8. madman was not the OP.

if you have a mature indoor plant that has never been outdoors and just leave it all day, it will die because the UV rays will kill it. if however you take it outside for a little bit one day and slowly increase the amount of time it spends outside, you can get it to acclimate to the outdoor conditions.

9. is this the same type of growth adjustment like going from flours to a hps or does it take longer?