MH and HPS? Help

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by begginer, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Ok i want to get some new lights, i am searching at 1000 bulbs or lowe's or home depo. I dont know what kind of lights i need MH or HPS and can i get them at lowes, and if i can is there a special kind i need to get. I have read that i need MH for veg. because of the blue rays and i need HPS for flowering cause of the red rays. True or not true? How much watt do i need for one plant? Where can i find them cheap. Someone please help on choosing my lighting. I will post new pic's soon.
    Thanks.

2. if just a plantor 3 just use t5's flours for veg and get a 250watt hps. I know lowes sells the bulbs but not sure about the ballast

3. For a single plant you'll have no need for HID lighting. I suggest looking up CFL grows, they are far cheaper and you'll have no problem getting a good amount of quality bud off a single plant. 100 watts(real watts, not equivalent) of CFL lighting per plant is sufficient. 5500k for veg and 2700k for flowering. Check out Kamel's CFL guide and read up on LST to try to max out your yield in a small space. While you're at it, there's a bunch of CFL micro grow journals you can check out to give you some ideas.