MGW 15" w/ leftover MGW a/c

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Vermonster, May 8, 2012.

1. My MGW (Manifest Glass Works) Straight Tube 15" w/ MGW a/c and mgw pinch slide....

i know i may get hate for the keck clip it was actually taken on there as a joke to send to my friend and i have been meaning to post a pic of some of my pipes...

also some may say only tubes with percs need ashcatchers to keep em clean, i just sold my MGW double perc, but kept the a/c cause i am planning on getting a custom MGW tube and use this a/c....

what do you think?

Attached Files:

2. Out of all the bongs I own this is my daily driver. It's all I really NEED. The rest of the bongs are just things I WANT.

[​IMG]

3. awesome dude, i love MGW, and i am from Vermont so MGW is legit 20 min from me... so local super sick glass!!!

4. The great thing about our set ups is that we have the option, perculated hit or non perculated, on the fly.

5. I know, do you have any other MGWs in your collection?

6. People hate on Keck clips now? Okay, risk your Alex K to some fucking dumbass who recklessly rips the slide off, taking the downstem with it.

Edit: Just saw that Apogee's set up has an Alex K. Wasn't trying to call you one of the Keck clip haters.

7. No, not yet. I'm thinking of getting one of their bubblers though.

8. how apogee is set up is how i typically am, no keck clips. i dont smoke with anyone young. i smoke with 99.9% adults. i smoke alone a ton. keck clips are also a burden though man. cause they run the risk of snapping stuff. for instance if your bong that has everything keck clipped got kicked over it has the chance for everything to snap cause all the joints are so stiff.... and the chance of snapping your actual tube. idk it goes either way. i simply take the a/c off after toking and set it on the floor next to the tube. nice and low to the ground :smoke: i need to get a higher quality downstem like a nice alex k...

9. get a custy!!!! if you contact them- they are super chill/nice and really hook up people. its insane!

10. apogee, have you tried a carbon filter on it with the a/c? overkill? too much drag? jw

11. I haven't tried a carbon filter on this set up but I don't think drag will be an issue. The MGW circ perc is one of the best in the business.

12. love there circ perc good god!

13. How old is your tube? Is that the original downstem? I bought my tube at a local shop. I know for sure the bowl was swapped and replaced with a generic round bowl with rollstoppers. The downstem didn't have the MGW logo on it, but I believe it to be made by MGW because it's survived numerous drops to the floor and sinks. It also survived getting stuck in the tube for like 6 months before I took a screw driver and pried it out. The joint on the tube sustained minor chipping as I worked the screwdriver around the joint. Anyway the MGW downstems now are insane! 3 eyed lion logo on it, thick clear glass, and MGW's famous prestine slits. I wouldn't have needed an Alex K if it came with the new downstem.

14. i just got my tube recently, and did not get an MGW downstem :( i am so bummed dude!!! i have what looks like a replacement stem, but as you mentioned the weight is what makes me think it was done by them... hows your alex k? dreamy? i am actually going to email MGW about downstems. id love to have top to bottem MGW sandblast white my MGW pinch slide is so sick

15. Dude here's a pic of a friends downstem. I asked him, "hey mind if take a quick pic of it?". He was like "wtf - whatever, just don't drop it..." So I took the pic - and promptly dropped it to the floor! He was sooo fuckin pissed I'm just lucky it didn't break! Yes the Alex K is awesome, it's more than just a name, but the new MGW is just as good. On a MGW tube it's even better.

[​IMG]

16. I used a setup like that as my daily driver for awhile. Gotta love a quality straight tube and ash catcher. The best part about this setup is how the downstems are interchangeable between tube and AC.

[​IMG]

18" is a tall daily piece, but is just the right amount of volume to milk the entire tube before having to clear it for me.

17. I like the ac design. The removable downstem must make cleaning it easy. The MGW is one solid piece. Actually I'm kinda glad the MGW perc doesn't come out - I'd probably drop that too!

18. nice dude! i want that! haha go check out my new tube i just bought today MGW ;) i just posted it in a thread stemless steeeeze

19. That ash catcher is fucking sick man, nice setup. I have a stemless so i dont really care about the k clip, but how do you like it? Why would anyone hate on you for it, i think its a brilliant idea. Idont want any dumbasses breaking my slide