MG to FFOF

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by NvMyEVO, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Hey guys, Ok so i started my first grow almost 2 weeks ago, I used MG Organic Potting Mix. I am growing 2 plants with 4 26w CFLS per plant, 6500k, 24/7. For 2 weeks old it is very small, and one of the plants died as soon as it sprouted up. One plant is doing alright although it looks like a bright green, It dosnt look like any pictures i see in the grow journals of others. It is very small for 2 weeks and only has the first set of real leaves, It is growing the second set but very slowly. So my question is would you guys suggest just stop this grow and restart with FFOF? or should i try to save it and transplant it into FFOF?

2. If they arent expensive genetics or femn'd then I would restart.

However I am not a fan of FFOF or FF substrate I think its overpriced for slightly fertilized peat moss. What its like 25 bucks a bag...damn!

If you can find it I would go with Pro-mix, its organic canadian peat moss, perlite, mycrorize (beneficial bacteria), and very little ocean derived fertilizer for a tiny bit of N to help round it out. I mix my pro-mix with 50% coco fiber and feed with hydro nuts, although anything works. The coco really makes it drain quick and gives a lot of oxygen to the roots, its great.

Ah yes...and I have never had a problem with insect infestations with pro-mix like you will with any MG. FF doesnt have insect problems either though as far as I know...but my mix costs me 5 bucks not 25

3. Thanks for the response, I already have FFOF bought it 3 days ago online, i found it for 12.50 online just the shipping was 20$ lol, but i dnt have any garden stores near me except lowes/homedepot. The seeds are only cheap Northern Lights so ill probally just germ 2 more tommorow and start over.