MG soil

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Herbage, May 1, 2011.

1. ok i have miracle grow soil and it obviously has way to many nutes or somthing in it cause its making my leaves yellow and burning the shit outa them. i was wondering if it would be fine to put all my MG soil in a strainer and flush it. would that help any?

2. No, it will make it worse

Purchase good bag soil and remove all miracle grow and re-pot

3. #3 josephspare21, May 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2011
    go to walmart for like 3 or 4 bucks u get sum promix alot of people use it but even then mg doesn't it have like little pebble looking nutes in it cuz there perlite dose i just dumped it in a bucket of water moved it around with my hand and all the nutes sank down maybe u can get a flour sifter that will sift the dirt fine and all chunks will stay. go to the hydro store next time for like 13 bucks u can get a 20lb bad of sum good ass soil foxfarm.

4. There's a couple emphatic miracle grow supporters on this thread. Not me personally, I use coconut fiber. Miracle grow does have some time release stuff so you need to adjust the ph to a certain level throughout the waterings, it's actually more complicated than you'd think for mj plants. If you do use MG in the future go real easy on the nutes.

5. i only paid 11 for happy frog soil by fox farm. seems to be doing decent.

6. i wouldnt use MG in the future, but if you watch your pH and nutes you might be alright this time around. Ive heard many stories of MG killing young plants.. :eek:

7. I used mg on my first grow and my current. MG soil and nutes. I just gave them nutes every 2 waterings instead of every other. And you can hold off on the nutes an extra week or two longer. I wouldn't put seedlings in this though, by some seed starter.

8. The problem with MG soil is the continuous release ferts, they take 6 months or longer to break down, making flushing ur plant basically impossible

9. buy a brick of coco they expand 10x there size just drop them in the recommend water and wait and there u go and there like $3 bucks u can use it just like soil grow's better then soil cuz it is so airy and nute free.