MG perilite?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by cobound420, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Will miricle grow perilite mess up my plant? Was told to stay away from all MG

2. Miracle Gro adds time-released ferts even to their perlite, stay away from it...

3. Whats a good kind to get then?

4. Anything that does not say "feeds for XX months" or anything like that on the bag. I don't know of specific brand names, I don't even know the brand I'm using currently. You may need to look beyond the Home Depots of the world to find something other than MG.

5. #5 pointswest, Sep 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2011
    The NPK of the perlite by MG is as follows N = 0.04%, P = 0.01%, and K = 0.06%.

I really don't see that this is any problem for any grower except the ultra orthodox organic grower. This is not enough concentration to worry about for anyone using this product to feel this will burn their plants. This is only a small starter charge to get seedlings going. If this is what you have available and it is easy to purchase, don't worry, use it.

PW

6. True that the NPK is low, and it even is lower than the dreaded MG potting soil. But, even if it's only a little bit of fert it's still a little bit of the crappy, chemical ferts you don't want anyway.

If you can find something else without any ferts in it then you might as well avoid the MG. If you can't find anything else you probably would be OK with the MG but not ideal, I would at least soak and rinse it thoroughly first.