Mg deficiency?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by organophile, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Hey All, I'm hoping someone could give me some insight. This is my first grow and my little gals are in their first week of veg from clones. most of them are showing light signs of an Mg deficiency but two looks real bad: [​IMG]

Any thoughts would be great.

2. Can you tell us more, type of soil, nutrients if any, run off pH? Is it just affecting the top of the plant? A better description of the symptoms.

3. I'm using Readygro high airation mix. runoff pH is in the 6.2 range. watering with tap water (58ppm) @ pH 6.7 with no nutes. The younger leaves are yellowing and turning up. The youngest sprouts are shriveling and burning. Any possibility of a zinc deficiency?

4. Ive never heard of this type of medium. Although I stopped growing in soil years ago. From the info I just read, it says this stuff if meant for hydro, self watering, and automated planters and to water 4-6 times a day, feeding during every watering. Knowing this and them being 7 days in veg. I would get them a balanced nutrient solution. IMO, they prob are in need of everything. I have no opinion on strength because this is a very specific type of medium. You may want to search the forum for threads that are about this type of soil. However in my hydro set up I feed new clones 250ppm the first week and 500ppm the second week.
    good luck

5. I've started to give them light nutes and we'll see how they do. Thanks for the suggestions, house