MFLB vs PAX vs Davinci Ascent

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by jonah1234, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Hello, I am looking to buy a vape. My main priority is stealth. I would like to know the pros and cons between MFLB vs PAX vs Davinci Ascent and which one is better overall. Thanks in advance

2. The Da Vinci has alot of potential but DV has to fix the off gassing. Many new vapes have problems but the ascent looks promising in the future. The Pax is very compact and stealthy but it's a hassle to clean especially for daily use. The MFLB is very compact,small and very stealthy but it doesn't produce good vapor quality and is easy to combust. If I were you I'd wait for the Ascent that's Wht I'm going to do once the problems are fixed the Ascent will def be the best portable vape on the market.

3. Okay I bought the mflb about 2 weeks ago and this is what I think about it. it isVERY stealthy (I can hide the whole thing battery and all in the palm of my hand). the smell is barely any, I have used this in my garage and whe. I dad walked outside I took a hit right before he came and he knew nothing. this thing is very portable. You can take it and use it virtually anywhere. Another thing to like about it is the warranty, you could go outside smash it with a hammer, set it on fire, run over it, throw it on the ground and they will replace it for free.
    Now all that's said I have some problems with it. The battery's - you always need to have a charged battery which can get annoying. It isn't great for a bunch of people to use. It does not give satisfying hits of vapor (for me anyways).

All in all, it's a great vaporizer, I use mine everyday. If you can be on top of the battery's (or buy some), and get the learning curve it will serve you well. If you want big hits you won't get it from the mflb.

4. I have both a MFLB and PAX
    Compared to each other

Pros of MFLB
    Cheaper
    Stealthier
    Life time warranty

Pros of PAX
    Dense vapor hits
    Looks great
    Can vape oils

And you charge the PAX vs carrying batteries for the MFLB

5. when does it release?

6. Out of the three you mentioned I've only used the MFLB, and personally its not for me. I understand that it's stealthy, but the vapor wasn't dense at all. If you have the money to dish out on a pax it would be worth it.

7. It's out now but only through pre-order. Check out the Arizer Solo. The Ascent looks better, but they are having a lot of issues. Might want to wait about year or so for the Ascent. The Solo is available right now about the same price
    http://youtu.be/XLsMFtcDVQw
    Sent from my HTC One VX using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. That glass on glass though

The ascent is a sexy vape
    I really can't wait til they workout the kinks

9. I agree it is a sexy vape

Sent from my HTC One VX using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. not really seeing how the MFLB is stealthier than a pax. At least the pax could be explained away as some new piece of technology but the MFLB looks like a wooden pipe with a battery on the side.

11. The Ascent is out now but I'd wait a couple months till they get it fixed.

12. The hits are less dense,a pax sesh will leave more smell than a MFLB sesh
    That's ny experience
    Wasn't talking about the actual unit

13. Sounds like you are overgeneralizing the 2 vapes. It is very possible to have a light vapor session with a pax and it is very possible to get super dense hits off the MFLB. Its just the way that the unit gets used.

14. I own both the MFLB and the Pax but, I've had no experience with the Ascent.

When you speak of stealth, the MFLB definitely blows the Pax out of the water simply because of its very fast heating and cooling times (3s-5s). But, that also is reliant on the fact that you don't burn your herbs. On the other hand, the Pax is much more discreet, which is great for a nice toke walk. Not many raise suspicion when they see you using the device, and (as I've done many times) you could just pass it off as an e-cig if the time does come where somebody becomes suspicious. Using the MFLB in public is just really awkward and raises lots of suspicion. 

The Pax is much more of a party-piece. Bring this thing to a party and you are instantly the man. It's so incredibly easy to use you could just pass it to someone and tell them to keep on passin'. When it comes to the MFLB, I'd rather use this guy at my own house and at school because of the stealth, and I don't have to worry about teaching anybody how to use it. 

The Pax is also much better with hits, but to me this isn't really a game-changer. They both get you where you want to be eventually, so why care? 

Since your main priority is stealth, I recommend the MFLB. Not only can you use it with little to no smell ever leaving the device, it's also less than half the price. But in the end, this is your choice and my opinion is only an opinion  :smoke:  so choose whatcha want and let us know. :wave:

15. In my opinion, the MFLB is the better investment. Cheaper, stealthier, and a whole different experience. Although I haven't owned a PAX, I have used one. And in all honesty, I was disappointed. Over double the price and was much more of a process than simple pressing a battery and sipping. The PAX takes minutes to heat up, it's bulky, and the smell was much more obvious. Many say that the MFLB is inefficient because of the visual cloud of vapor that the user exhales - this is WRONG. The more vapor you see leaving your system, is thc your body was unable to collect. The magic flight delivers a somewhat smaller amount of visible vapor (which is also less noticeable) and by this you can tell your body isn't missing much. You can get the same amount of THC from both products depends on how you use them with the leathers curve and such.

Personally, I would stick with the magic flight. The pax isn't worth the money you pay for, just to see a bigger cloud. I mean hey, weed is still weed right? You don't like the hit you got, then hit it again!

Now I'm not trying to bash on the pax - extremely impressive unit; but cost wise, and stealth wise; the mflb tops.

Sorry for the long read, hope it helps. And if neither interest you... Grab a paper and light up a nice doob!

16. If you go native , you can completely conceal the launch box and battery in your hands making it look like you're scratching your nose when taking hits.

Now if you're alone  for about a minute and want a more dense,smooth and hard hitting vape , simply purchase a 50 cent mini cigarette water pipe. http://www.miniinthebox.com/nanzihan-163-water-cigarette-pipe_p195592.html
    It's free shipping.  Taking one full hit with this can roast half a trench and that's a little too much for me. 

17. Not at all
    The Pax is much stronger than the MFLB
    Its just how it is
    I've had the MFLB for 2 years now and its a GREAT vape
    The Pax just gives better hits and there is not as much of a learning curve as with the MFLB

18. And I'm not saying you can't get dense hits with the MFLB
    I'm just saying the PAX gets better hits

19. does the pax leave a strong smell after use? I know the MFLB has no smell at all.

20. Common misconception, using perfect technique and 100% ghosting of said hit, the MFLB can be virtually smell-less. Though with more than "x" of users out there emitting some type of vapor trail (visible or not). That being said the MFLB mainly takes whatever weed smell you put in it to amplify it ten or twenty fold. Causing the room to just smell like skunk weed, though no smell of burnt weed at all. Still, it dissipates quickly so either way it is smell-less.