Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

MFLB vs. Glass

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by trainwreckweed, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Hey guys, so I have pretty low tolerance and usually only smoke on the weekends. I've been using a basic glass spoon, and it gets the job done but it's not the best. So my question is that for my next piece, which I'm looking to buy relatively soon, should I get the MFLB or a nice bubbler or glass piece. I wouldn't get a bong, because I need something relatively small. I've heard mixed things about the MFLB and it's effectiveness, so let me know what you guys think. Thanks:smoke:

2. i have a mflb and love it. i use it nightly to get high in my dorm room and its very stealthy. in my opinion its a great piece for stealth vaping.

3. Does it work as well as glass in your opinion?

4. MFLB is easily my favorite smoking purchase I've made in the last 2 years. If you have a lower tolerance, which you said you did, the MFLB will be incredible for you. Besides the fact its much healthier for you than combustion, you'll be stoned over literally a pinch of herb.
    In the long run it is going to save you a ton of money, too, as it conserves herb by using little. But my favorite part of the MFLB is the taste. I have a hard time picking up tastes on a lot of strains but because the vape doesn't burn anything they come through really clear making getting high that much more enjoyable.

That said, the high is different. You're a lot more with the game after vaping instead of that really cloudy feeling you get from smoking (but its the smoke that does this, not the THC). This can be both good or bad depending on your preference, but on most days I prefer being "with it." I have a bong for the days I don't, lol.

Anyway, my opinion is clear. The MFLB is a great product.

5. I also own the MFLB but there's no comparison between it and smoking through glass.. Two different ball games

6. You seriously can't compare a vaporizers and bongs. It's a different world. Everything about it is different, but i personally MUCH prefer vaping.

7. Alright, thanks for the replies guys. But I've heard some people talking about how the MFLB doesn't really work for them. Like it only gives them a small buzz. Anyone care to elaborate on that? Other people have also said it takes like 20 minutes of vaping to really feel anything. Please share what you guys think about this. Thanks.

8. [quote name='"trainwreckweed"']Alright, thanks for the replies guys. But I've heard some people talking about how the MFLB doesn't really work for them. Like it only gives them a small buzz. Anyone care to elaborate on that? Other people have also said it takes like 20 minutes of vaping to really feel anything. Please share what you guys think about this. Thanks.[/quote]

It took me months to finally get the perfect feel for my box, watch some YouTube videos they're pretty good, I mean I learned a few from
    Them.

And it does take longer than smoking cause usually smoking gives you the instant high where as valuing IMO creeps up on you

9. [quote name='"Hot Rod"']

It took me months to finally get the perfect feel for my box, watch some YouTube videos they're pretty good, I mean I learned a few from
    Them.

And it does take longer than smoking cause usually smoking gives you the instant high where as valuing IMO creeps up on you[/quote]

Vaping**

10. Alright sounds good, thanks man. What do you recommend for batteries for the box? The standard ones seem to be terrible.

11. Splurge and get the 2700 Powerex. Stock Batts are pretty weak in my opinion.

Just remember smoke and vape are 2 very different types of highs. Don't expect to get the same stone as combusting.

12. I have been using herb for 14 years so I am fairly seasoned...

I've used and owned spoons, bubblers, sherlocks, bongs, joints, blunts, cheap box vapes...you name it.

I've had the MFLB since January and it is great! If people can't get high with it they are not using it correctly or they need to switch strains or take a t break or something. It's very efficient and I can get absolutely ripped with mids in it.

It takes me no more than 5 minutes to vape a trench and I'm great for a daytime high. Depending on strain sometimes a full trench is too much for daytime.

When I want to get extremely high I just vape 2-4 trenches back to back with fresh batteries and it works like a charm every time. Get it...learn how to use it and love it. I almost never smoke anymore because the mflb tastes and feels so much better IMO

13. Thanks guys, this is really helpful. Can anyone recommend a nice grinder? If I'm going with the MLFB then a grinder is essential, or so I've heard.

14. [quote name='"trainwreckweed"']Thanks guys, this is really helpful. Can anyone recommend a nice grinder? If I'm going with the MLFB then a grinder is essential, or so I've heard.[/quote]

If you order directly from the mflb company it comes with a small one perfect for the mflb. Only holds enough to load it so you don't end up grinding too much, which in the end preserves the flavor of the bud

15. Definitely get a metal grinder that breaks it down really fine. A lot of grinders, especially acrylic, don't break it down as nicely. $10-15 will get you a fantastic metal grinder.

16. I'd say MFLB, or even a desktop vape.

Not necessarily different, I find that vapes and bongs go very well together. I use a bong with my vapes. :D Vapor bonging ftw!

17. spacecase grinders

All my vaps collect dust, including MFLB and a VOLCANO. I just love the smoking sensation way too much and vaping doesnt do the trick for me.

18. #18 LCAshin, Mar 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2012
    Think you will be happy with the MFLB. Quality and Portability is awesomeGood choice.

19. I reciently obtained a nice glass bong with a diffused downstem... Ive pretty much abandoned my Extreme Q. The quality of the high from a nice piece of glass... is just.... amazing.

20. The MFLB is a great vape with a bit of practice with technique. They're also better with the powerex batteries. It isn't a replacement for a nice desktop vape, but for it's portability and price, it's a fantastic vape. And vaporizing is more than worth it.