MFLB Grinding Method

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by highpothesis, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Hey guys so I wasn't too sure which section this belonged in but this one fit the most appropriately in my opinion. So anyways, I've heard a bunch of people talk about how the grind consistency of the bud really affects the high of the mflb. I remembered a concept from a machine when I was into pyrotechnics. They call it a ball mill. Essentially what it is, is that there's a chamber full of chemicals and you have some type of media (steel, ceramic) in the shape of pellets or balls. The chamber is put on a motor and spun at a low rpm. What happens is the media falls on top of the chemicals rotation after rotation. Eventually it grinds the chemicals up into a powder.
    So I tested this same concept but with bud. I placed some shake and some loosely ripped up bud in a small plastic vial, placed 7 or 8 zinc bbs into the container and shook it for a good 2 minutes or so. The grind consistency turned out to be really nice, not quite dust but very powdery stuff.
    Thoughts?

2. [quote name='"highpothesis"']Hey guys so I wasn't too sure which section this belonged in but this one fit the most appropriately in my opinion. So anyways, I've heard a bunch of people talk about how the grind consistency of the bud really affects the high of the mflb. I remembered a concept from a machine when I was into pyrotechnics. They call it a ball mill. Essentially what it is, is that there's a chamber full of chemicals and you have some type of media (steel, ceramic) in the shape of pellets or balls. The chamber is put on a motor and spun at a low rpm. What happens is the media falls on top of the chemicals rotation after rotation. Eventually it grinds the chemicals up into a powder.
    So I tested this same concept but with bud. I placed some shake and some loosely ripped up bud in a small plastic vial, placed 7 or 8 zinc bbs into the container and shook it for a good 2 minutes or so. The grind consistency turned out to be really nice, not quite dust but very powdery stuff.
    Thoughts?[/quote]

Sounds pretty cool, but any 2 piece grinder would probably get it to a similar consistency or even more fine - and be a bit easier.

3. Just flip your grinder over and give it another turn or two...