MFLB combustion style...

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by KamAnt, May 22, 2012.

1. So I finally got a LB as a birthday present earlier this month. Earlier today my buddy and I time up on the porch, he sits the LB down, we go inside.

Fast foreward an hour, my fiancee come in saying "if you two want to set stuff on fire like idiots, at least do it off the porch and clean up the mess!" At this point I'm just as lost as all of you. We step outside to see a small heap of charred mess that was my two week old MFLB I thought I'd never own in the first place.

I know at this point my chances of warranty replacement is nil since the only proof I have that I even owned the thing is a charred lump now sitting in the bed of my truck. My question is more or less has anyone seen one catch fire? (I haven't per say, buy have witnessed the results)

My best guess is the (fresh) battery got stuck engaged and it just heated till poof. Any ideas?

DISCLAIMER: This is not a negative review of the MFLB. It worked AMAZINGLY until this freak incident, which can't happen often or they wouldn't sell any. I think it was an isolated incident and not a reflection on MF. Repeat: I am not a hater.

2. Holy shit, that's concerning. Was there a trench packed? Has the battery ever not sprung back after you let go?

3. Whats a mflb???

4. [quote name='"BDS415"']Whats a mflb???[/quote]

WWW.Google.com

There was a partially vaped trench packed, no sticking issues I can remember and no mention from others. Fresh battery load 2 hits before sitting it down.

5. thats nuts, they are supposed to have a rubber stopper in them that pushes the battery off the contact. did you remove this? regardless tell them that it didnt push the battery off of the contact and the entire thing went up in smoke after you set it down. snap a few pics to show em what you see, they will probably help you out. btw mine is coming friday and I will keep a real watchful eye on it. thats crazy!

6. Holy shit, that's terrible. Can't say I've heard anything quite like this. Not...really sure what advice to give. Contact them and I very much hope you get a new one.

7. I will try and contact them later on this week when I have time, but if they can't help I understand. It is a weird situation. Will try to remember to keep this updated.

And no, didn't remove the seal.

8. Those things are so expensive, yet I'm sure they only take a few dollars to make.
    I think that is why they are so quick to replace one on warrenty. I would email them. I user-errored mine and they sent me a new one.

9. step 1: go to vaporizer page on gc.
    step 2: open eyes.

10. [quote name='"sofakingstoned"']

step 1: go to vaporizer page on gc.
    step 2: open eyes.[/quote]

How the hell do you navigate the web with your eyes closed?

11. I usually do it with them verrry squinty like. :smoke:

12. This is like that there dasha vu (Ya I know) thing I hear about. I bought a LB last month for my birthday too but mine has not caught fire yet. Would love to be able to say this when it eventually stops working. I see a bit of irony here too. You bought it so you would not have to use fire to get hi and then it catches fire. Get it, get it?

Anyway I would give them a call or email or something. If you have to replace it yourself I was able to find brand new real LB on line for almost half what they go for is stores. Mine was less the $90.

Good Luck.

13. Email inbound to MF. I know what there site said, but what is everyone's experience on reply time?

14. Just got a reply, now I can say magic flight has the worst customer service on earth.

" Thank you for reaching out to us here at Magic-Flight and welcome to the family. Sorry to hear about your screen. A cleaning might remedy the situation. You can also send us photos to make a warranty determination"

They didn't even read my email before replying.

15. I think they must have thought you combusted in your MFLB...not that your MFLB literally combusted. I'd just email again and make it clear. Maybe include the pic they asked for....that'd make it VERY clear.

16. I made it pretty clear and the only thing left really to take pics of could be a pile of char from anything burning.

17. I thought you busted cum in your mother loving boyfriend. did you clearly state that it caught on fire?

18. I would email them back with a picture. Even with it just being a lump of junk. Also make sure you point out that it caught fire and almost burnt your house down. Then they will realize that it was not just a chamber combustion. Even with it completely burned they will be able to tell that it is a MFLB when they get it and take it apart.

19. you should post a pic of the remains

20. [quote name='"Tanhands"']I would email them back with a picture. Even with it just being a lump of junk. Also make sure you point out that it caught fire and almost burnt your house down. Then they will realize that it was not just a chamber combustion. Even with it completely burned they will be able to tell that it is a MFLB when they get it and take it apart.[/quote]

I'm going to send them a picture. As for taking it apart, it was rained on and thrown out. I wasn't touching that crap, much less shipping it.