MFG! -Medical- -G13xHashPlant- -Pictures- -600WHPS-

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by l2ayn3, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Hey everyone! Roll one up, relax, and let's get ready to grow!

This is my first grow, and I've decided to keep it medical. On 9/10, I placed 10 seeds of G13xHashPlant (Mr. Nice Guy?) into a cup of water on the back of my refrigerator. These seeds are from CBB, I picked them up from a medical collective. Within 48 hours, all 10 had popped and sprouted decent sized taproots, between .5 and 1 inch.

The seeds were placed into pH'd rockwool cubes, in a humidifier dome, under a sunblaze T5, on an 18/6 timer. 9 out of the 10 sprouted, one baby didn't quite make it, I'm pretty sure the cube was too wet, as the seed appeared to have rotted.

Anyway, long story short, I'm about a month into the whole operation, and I decided to start documenting my progress. So, here goes nothing! Any questions, comments, or advice is more than appreciated, and 100% encouraged.

Important dates:
    9/10 -==- Seeds placed into water
    9/12 -==- All 10 seeds sprouted, placed into pH'd rockwool cubes.
    9/21 -==- This is when I believed the plants to be in vegetative state, I could be wrong, but, it's close. :smoking:
    9/28 -==- I began my nutrient regimen right around this date, I've fed them three times now, once a half dose, then these previous two have been full.
    10/6 -==- I began my GC Grow Journal!

Supplies and Equipment:
    Soil -==- Fox Farm's Ocean Forest
    Pots -==- 3 gallon plastic pots with holes for drainage in runoff dishes
    Lighting -==- 600w Hortilux HPS; AC Xtrasun 6" reflector; 600wHPS Hydrofarm Ballast
    Nutrients -==- Cutting Edge Solutions: Microw, Bloom, and Grow
    Exhaust -==- 4" ducting with a blower fan pulling through the reflector, more to come

[​IMG]
    This one is my shining star, and luckily, I have 5 more just like it. :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm going to take a few shots of the two plants that I have that are sick, and I'll post them up here, hopefully someone will be able to help me bring them back! Again, any comments or advice is much appreciated!

2. hey 12ayn3..nice start, plants look good, welcome to your new favorite hobby;)
    Im hydro but id say your on the right track buddy

3. Hey, thanks a lot! This is, without a doubt, my favorite addiction. After what I've read, and watched, and learned, I'm interested in growing just about anything! I just think that this fruit will taste the sweetest of them all. :p :smoking:

4. Hey all! I haven't posted in months, but, I finally got a new camera to take some pictures with! I'm a few weeks into flowering, and, I couldn't be happier for my first grow. I'll let the pictures do the talking! Any comments or suggestions, please, let me know.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. i cant see anylights what kinda light u usein. also id like to say u put my first grow to shame DAM good JOB!

6. Thanks for the kind words! I'm using a Hortilux 600w HPS in an Xtrasun Reflector.

Here they are under the lights!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. [quote name='l2ayn3']Thanks for the kind words! I'm using a Hortilux 600w HPS in an Xtrasun Reflector.

you sure thats your first grow? very nice i was to cheap and scared to use a hps. so i went with cfls. but i hope to have a grow about ur size soon with a 400 watt or a 600 watt hps. i just worry about heat and my eletric bill sky rockecting.

8. Yeah, I hung low for a while and read and read and read about the whole process, watched a few invaluable videos, and then have just spoken with people around the area who are familiar, and, I decided to just go for it. I figured that any cost I spent would eventually just be investment capital, so, here I am!

9. I'm actually hoping that a few long-time growers pop in here and tell me I'm doing a few things wrong, because, I feel like there are a few things I could probably change to increase my yield and potency. Not anything in particular though, I'm just assuming there's more that I can do.

10. I wouldn't consider myself an experienced grower by any means. I'm just finishing my first grow. I have researched a TON though. I noticed your growbox isn't lined on the inside with mylar. Mylar, panda film, or emergency blankets reflect almost all of the light that is normally wasted back onto your plants and will help you increase yield esspecially for the lower half of the plants. Adding special molasses to your nute solution can increase yield and potency. Any application that raises the Co2 PPM in the air to like 1000 will make your girls yield higher also.

11. Thanks! I'm definitely aware of the mylar issue, or the white / black vinyl plastics. I ran out of initial investment funds, and, I still need an air filter, some more rockwool for clones, new pots, soil, and, a reflective surface. I'm going to be rebuilding/designing my box to make it boxes, and have a veg, clone, and flower room.

"Special" molasses? Like special brownies? :p What makes it special, and about how much should I use per gallon?

So, I've read about Co2, I've read adding it during their dark period is useless. Also, what do you think a general, inexpensive (not cheap, just not expensive. :D) would run, and, do you have any models in mind?

Thanks again for the feedback! Please keep it coming!

12. Any responses to the questions above?

New pictures and questions coming shortly, I think something's eating my plants, and, my leaves are lightening, and, when do I need to leech / flush the soil?

Thanks in advance!

13. AWESOME grow for a first timer your ladies look really good do you plan on doing a perpetual grow or are you gonna start from seed every time? Keep up the good work good sir. i look forward to watching your progress.:smoking::hello:

14. If you havent already look into super cropping it lets the lower branches get more light it can stresses the plant a little and on occasion cause a hermie but the pay off in yield is worth the risk i do it to my plants and havent had a problem yet anyway its something to look into peace:wave:

15. Definitely going for a perpetual harvest. I have a clone setup that I'll take more pictures of as soon as the battery is done charging. But, for now, I have
    [​IMG]
    ...and...
    [​IMG]
    :)

As far as super cropping goes, I think I'm just going to let these ladies finish up their lives as they are, and, then, I'm planning on LSTing and fimming my clones.

I just donated two of my clones to another medical patient friend of mine, and I'm helping him set up a CFL grow, so, I'll have pictures of that as well.

Anyway, I've been really bad about keeping dates, so, I'm not exactly sure when I switched these over to flowering. I believe that they were vegetative around 9/21, so, I probably switched it to flowering at some point around 10/25. I'm trying to figure out how close I am to having two weeks left, so I can begin to flush it with pure water.

Here's a picture of my largest cola:
    [​IMG]

Tiny random nug underneath:
    [​IMG]

Just chillin' around the room with my ladies...
    [​IMG]

Random Cola pic:
    [​IMG]

Second largest lady:
    [​IMG]

(Anything weird with her yellowing?)

Cola in the box:
    [​IMG]
    (Now with added sunfilm!)

Second largest cola (Shows yellowing better):
    [​IMG]

Frosty nugs:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Does anyone have any idea about how close these are to harvest? And, maybe, a guess at my yield?:)

17. Dude.. your plants are literally perfect. +rep on this grow. send me some in the mail

18. Thank you so much! +rep for the kind words. The community has been awesome so far. Everything I've learned has come from either GC, what I've found left over from OG, and, Mr. Jorge Cervantes.

About how far from harvest do you think I am? I still need to pick up a microscope. And, I'm hoping for about a half #, what do you think?

19. #19 Duplicity, Dec 6, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2008
    If I had to take a guess I'd say like 4 weeks left, I bet she is still all clear trichs.

edit: take a look at how my plant looks. I just started flushing her last night.

20. I just saw them, I can't wait until I get to see how mine turn out like that! I need to hurry up on funds for my other lights for vegging clones + getting a new mom, but, I have to renew my rec first, I'm scheduled to do it before it's up though, so that's good, no lapsing. :)