Mexico Senate OKs bill to legalize drug possesion

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by BongTechnician, Apr 29, 2009.

1. I'm trying to wrap my mind around this.

That's great, but how, exactly, is this going to reduce violence? The only thing I can see happening is that it would be so commonplace in Mexico that the demand would go down and the profits. However, if the U.S. is the main customer, it's still just as lucrative up here?

It's been a long day. SOmeone talk some sense to me. :D

2. im guessing it would just decrease the time from the large scale drug dealers being in court to being put in prison, which im guessing would hurt the mexican cartels possibly? I dont know its a small step towards ending the violence but it wont stop until its fully legalized in the US AND Mexico. Also, i think its around 35% of the bud is grown here and around 20% is from mexico, (it was on The Union documentary),

3. Ah, good point.

I was thinking about what Mexican legislators might be trying to accomplish. "Mexidam."
    Why bring the drugs to the Americans? Let them come down here for tourism and spend money while they're down here. :cool: How lucrative will spring break be now? :eek::D

4. Yeah can you imagine the tourism revenue that mexico would get if they fully legalized it country wide or just in the big tourist destinations, people would be going there all year long instead of just during the nice spring break and summer times.

5. I don't hope that Mexico becomes a legal drug hub, but that the United States realizes how drug decriminalization works. Europe's law are too far away for most Americans to realize the good and progress they're making. Hopefully, having a country like Mexico with these laws will change the perpective of the rest of Americans that still envision Reefer Madness when they think about weed.

6. pick up an eigth, go home, pick up another one...

you're set for a while!

personally I rarely pick up more than an eigth couse a lot of my friends do not smoke :( or live far away

7. a step forward is a step forward, we should all be a little happy, i mean how cool would it be to get caught with an eight and not get your ass arrested like you would here?

8. If you read the article it states that the reason they passed this was to free up resources to fight the large cartels. Basically they are passing it so police don't have to worry about small time dealers, and can focus all their resources on the larger ones.

9. Small time dealers? 5 grams is really small time especially considering this is Mexican grown weed. So it probably is not like the $60 an eighth shit I get from the dispensary.

10. Its easy, just keep our stash at home and make sure you only keep 6g on you, at the most.

This is a great move by Mexico, finally showing that somewhere there are government officials who have the sack to stand up for what they think is right for their country, not just do what the U.S. tells them to do.

So I say, WELL DONE MEXICO!