Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Methodology of notorious "Harper and Heath" study on monkeys?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by HeaDiEs RusH, Nov 30, 2011.

1. #1 HeaDiEs RusH, Nov 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2011
    *I'm not sure if this is the right forum to ask this, but hopefully someone browsing this section will have the link I need.*

I have seen it stated again and again on documentaries and websites that the 1970s study by Harper and Heath examining brain damage in monkeys was conducted by pumping something like 60 joints of cannabis smoke into rhesus monkeys lungs through gas masks. The study claimed that the cannabis caused the brain damage observed in the monkeys, but it is obvious that the brain damage was actually caused by suffocation from the massive amount of smoke. Unfortunately, I've never been able to find the actual article/paper that provides evidence for the preposterous method by which this study was conducted. I've read that it took 6 years of requests and law suits by NORML before the methodologies were finally released, but I can't find the paper anywhere.

If anybody knows what I am talking about and can direct me give a link to the methodology, that would be great.

2. #3 Galaxy420, Dec 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2011
    reported buddy^ Thread Fail!