Meth addiction proggression?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by MrLanky, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Not that I'm interested in meth, but I hear how it's a problem in some places and just wonder if anyone has ever see the progression of someone getting addicted to meth?

It just seems like such a weird thing to me, since everyone knows how addictive it is. Basically I just want to know what it's looks like for a person to go from "OK ill give it a try" to doing it every day.

2. Look for:

Lack of sleep (bags under eyes)
    Sketchy actions (does multiple things at once)
    Loss of eye controll ( eyes move slower fixed on objects)
    Loss of apetite
    Loss of weight
    Gain of anger/frustration

Basically look for actions like their body is being poisoned with chemicals. Most people get hooked on the rush and the fact it is an addicting drug. Stay away.

3. Sorry I guess I should be a little clearer. I didn't mean like physical symptoms. I mean what's it like to see someone you know get addicted to meth. How they change mentally from not wanting to do meth to needing it.

4. my buddy joined the carnival back in the 80s, and his brother was a big time meth dealer. for an entire decade, my buddy did meth every single day and he just up and quit this shit with no problems back in the mid 90s. been clean from it ever since. he was telling me how the drug itsself is not addictive, but the lifestyle is.

waking up and focusing on how to get your next high is the lifestyle. doing anything for it. since his brother was a big time dealer, he never had to pay for his dope. im not sure how helpful this is, but i thought it was interessting that the "most addictive" drug can be stopped cold turkey with no problem after a decades use.

5. more like he was selling speed. i doubt he was selling meth if dude could quit like that. lol thats retarded. meth is PHYSICALLY ADDICTIVE. meaning EVERYONE has withdraw symptoms of some kind after long term use. does he have no teeth also? because after 10 years smokin meth all and i do mean all of teeth should be rotted out.

anyway theyre fucking meth heads. people with addictive personalities who take a hit and like it too much.. plus meth dealers are up 24/7 so it's easy to go back and get more and the more you smoke the more you want..

6. I think the reason why people get so easily addicted is because, when the high starts to wear off, you feel like total dog shit (mentally, emotionally, and physically) and the only thing that can make you feel better is doing more, or eating and sleeping.

Good luck with the latter two.

7. I DID A LITTLE METH THIS LAST WEEKEND....

i'd say the drug has it's benifit's...

i was at the go-cart races,, and needed to be alert and stay awake,,,

i havent done it in a long time...before that and dont plan on doing it again any-time soon....

be cool:cool:

8. CHICKEN wtf! Where have you been, man?!

In any case, it's pretty easy to tell when someone is on meth. Like, sometimes Visine can make you look like you don't smoke weed every day, but there's nothing that can make you not look like you're trippin' the shit out on meth.

9. No meth is NOT physically addicting. Stimulants aren't physically addicting (at least none that I know of).

10. Meth=speed dumby.

11. Uhhhh, what?

Have you never researched anything about stimulants in your life?

List of Stimulants from Wikipedia:
    Caffeine - addictive (yes, you can actually get physical withdrawals)
    Nicotine - addictive (hope you know that)
    Amphetamines - addictive
    MDMA/Ecstacy - non-addictive
    NRI's & NDRI's - non-addictive
    Cocaine - addictive
    Modafinil - didn't look
    Ampakine - didn't look

Straight from Wikipedia:

Abuse of central nervous system stimulants is common. Addiction to CNS stimulants can quickly lead to medical, psychiatric and psychosocial deterioration. Drug tolerance, dependence, sensitisation as well as a withdrawal syndrome can occur.

12. The only "physical" withdrawals are headaches. All those drugs you listed as addicted don't have any serious physical withdrawals. I should have said stimulants are barely physically addicted. Compared to alcohol, opiates or benzos they are nothing. What makes stimulants so difficult to stop are their psychological dependence, not their physical dependence. And by questioning if I've ever researched anything about stimulants I'd say you haven't done much research if you didn't know stimulants have only slight physical withdrawals.

13. Is that a joke?

The longer you take meth, the more physically addicting. But it IS physically addicting.

14. It's a very slight addiction. Like I said, it's nothing compared to other drugs with physical withdrawals. Meth withdrawals won't make you vomit or give you diarrhea or put you into a coma and kill you. They'll give you a headache...possibly.

15. yur a fucking retahd lol .....

stimulants give u physical withdrawel symptoms such as headaches, feeling tired, sleeping all day,

16. Yes which is why I then said that the physical withdrawal symptoms aren't serious when compared to other drugs. My first post was wrong.

17. It's not like just because somebody tries it they will progress into addiction.

I use it about 5 or 6 times a month, never very much and with breaks in between. Just a little bit before noon and it just feels like 15-30mg's of adderall but much cleaner and less jittery. I'll get to sleep by midnight and feel fine the next day.

A while ago I posted a thread here about getting my first point and trying it for the first time. Everybody ranted about how it would destroy my life if I even try it or that nobody can resist the addiction. But here I am, atleast 6 months later and I still only use it moderately and sparingly and I feel no addiction at all. If you start using it daily then of course you will get addicted but it's the HABIT that does the damage.

18. Yea haha i remember that topic, I wondered how much u tweaked now. Good to see ur not doing it everyday.

But to OP, iv never done meth... but iv shot up alot of drugs and they can be addicting. How I got to using everyday (i still use about 1-2 twice a week but no longer use everyday, due to willpower/lack of funds)

First ur like every 2 weeks... then ok once a week. then every 3 days... then every-other day... then everyday so u dont get dopesick... and it happens quicker than u can think.

19. Not centering you out, but Wikipedia isn't the most credible source. It gives you what you need to know, but it isn't always 100% accurate; far from it, in fact. Now, it's obvious that they're correct about the drugs, but don't just blindly assume that Wikipedia serves as a legitimate resource in every instance. But, I'm sure you knew that.

20. exactly...one night you will plan on when your gonna get high next...then u wake up in the morning...and you feel like shit, so u get high and totally disregard when u planned on using it next...it wont seem like a big deal..but the first time u feel physical addiction...its there and its real