Heavy Metal Metalheads unite \m/

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by StonedMortal, Apr 23, 2012.

1. #7001 Deleted member 42976, Jan 14, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Latest album from my dudes in Tombs. I'm hoping to play with them again once shows are a thing that can happen.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  3. I think I'm too old to be in here. I like Metal, but old shit. Where's the nursing home?

4. All female death thrash band, pretty cool!

5. Old shit, new shit, as long as it’s good shit, this is the spot for you

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  6. Eh...I can see where he is coming from. I'm much more into what you'd call "classic metal" like Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Angel Witch, Sabbath, Pentagram and thrash too from like Megadeth to Sepultura. I mean I love black metal as well, and sometimes death too but you have to admit this thread is overwhelmingly about extreme metal, which could be way too abrasive for his taste.

So yeah doesn't seem like the place for old-school metalheads.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Listening to this right now

8. Hammer meet nail. I like pretty much all the bands you mentioned. Maiden, Priest, Sabbath...but the newer stuff is a little "faster?" than my style. I'll leave this thread to you younger stoners. Peace! :GettingStoned:

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Haha please don't feel pressured, you're always welcome here as Stoned Mortal said, but yeah modern metal is quite different from the old stuff. You should try Death, they're the greatest death metal band of all time, with really deep poetic lyrics, technical but with immense amount of feel.

10. Not bad. I could get stoned to this, maybe I need to hang around and keep an open mind. You guys are pretty solid. As a almost 57 year old, I can get into this. My fav metal song:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. i don't always listen to Bolt Thrower....but when i do, so do my neighbors

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Haha great to hear, ah yes Metallica nearly every metalhead's first gateway into heavy metal. I still remember when I first heard Enter Sandman, my dad got me into them, he's 52 now. That one's a real banger, these are two of my favourite Metallica songs of all time.

And of course Orion, Cliff Burton's masterpiece, has an almost Pink Floyd proggy/psychedelic vibe to it, who are my favourite band of all time.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. This is wild, would have loved to be there for this:

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Okay man, I know this isn't metal, not even close. But I'm stoned of my ass right now, and I wanted to share this song. Get lit and play this fucker as loud as you can. Damn!

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Time for a classic

• Like Like x 1