Heavy Metal Metalheads unite \m/

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by StonedMortal, Apr 23, 2012.

1. So uhhh... this is a thing. I'll be playing with Mayhem, Carcass, and At the Gates at the Decibel Metal & Beer fest. :yay:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Holy fucking shit man. Major come up! It must feel great to be able to play with some legends

the dude abides

• Like Like x 1

3. the dude abides

4. Dude it is crazy! I've known about this for about a month but I've had to keep it on the DL until it was officially announced. I'm still coming to terms with the reality of playing with 3 infamous bands including one of my all time favorites haha. Plus I get a free pass to both days and lots of brews so that is a nice bonus.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I think I remember you saying something about having good news l a while back...idk, must be the reefer talking.

I just noticed how little this group talks about weed haha metalheads on a weed forum still choose metal over everything

that's sick though! You get to share a stage with motherfucking Mayhem!

the dude abides

6. I just lost that long ass reply, fuuuuck

Essentially, how does it feel to share a stage with Mayhem?

the dude abides
    ...so high I didn't realized I replied.

7. Get hip and rekk yourself

the dude abides

• Like Like x 2
  8. I've got a new job that pays fucking nice so I've been getting some cool shit lately. Lots of weed but also a few metal gems that I didn't expect to find. That Death CD is a first pressing of Scream Bloody Gore that I found at a used book store for $8 in almost perfect condition. On Discogs the average selling price is $54 but people have paid over $100 for it so I kinda won there. Plus the original sounds better than the remixed and remastered version which is the only version that has been printed in a long time, those don't have that raw 80s death metal tone that the originals do. I've also got an original CD copy of Human but Scream Bloody Gore is my favorite.

20171018_191547.jpg 20171018_191848.jpg 20171019_185900.jpg 20171019_185951.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  9. Holy shit man, that's a steal!

My new job pays fantastic, I'm in a 4star restaurant now. I had to sell my 2 Death albums a while back (Symbolic and The Sound of Perseverance ), so ima buy em all again.
    My Dahlia collection is almost complete, I need 2 albums and 3 eps

the dude abides

10. Nice! Restaurants can pay pretty damn well when you get the right one. I'm doing civil engineering design which pays great and once I get some engineering licenses and stuff in the future it will pay even better but that can take years.

I still need the past 2 TBDM albums but I've got the rest of them. I still don't have any of their eps though. I need to slow down on records for a while since I just got a shipment in from the Canadian distro Tour De Garde with a bunch of stuff and I'm still trying to find time to listen to all of it haha.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  11. #6752 squidrick420, Nov 11, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
    I've gotten some more crazy shit lately from local stores and some shops I hit up while touring the midwest and I'll post more about that when I stop being lazy and take a picture or something haha. I also placed a couple orders from my favorite Canadian distro Tour de Garde, one is already in but the other should show up next week.

This is one of the best pickups I made over the past couple weeks and it was a total blind buy for me. I spent around $35 on it which is rare for me to do on a totally blind purchase but I'm quite happy with the results.

12. I'm about to go see Cannibal Corpse for the first time on Sunday. Then, on the first, I'm going to see Arkaik! With Exhumed, but ARKAIK!! MY INTRO BAND TO TECH DEATH

Sent from my Z832 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  13. Good morning.

It's Fuck it all Friday

14. I actually saw Cannibal Corpse with Exhumed several years ago haha. It was a pretty fun show but Cannibal Corpse played over 20 songs and since they all sound the same it was just too much for me after a while. Either way it was a good show and Exhumed has a good stage presence.

• Like Like x 1
  15. This pleases me. I haven't listened to much of Exhumed, but what I have heard, I love. Maybe I'll get a patch or 2

• Like Like x 1
  16. Cannibal Corpse was amazing! I moshed for the entire set. I don't see how anyone couldn't. I was hoping to hear such greats as Skull full of Maggots or They Deserve to Die. But the ones they played were pure epic. And the obvious encore of Hammer Smashed Face was still, so very perfect. 12/10. Highly recommend seeing them if you haven't yet

• Like Like x 1