Heavy Metal Metalheads unite \m/

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by StonedMortal, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Dude, for real? I wish I went to HS with some dope people. More than likely, I went to school with some future politicians haha

the dude abides

2. There were a couple cool people I went to high school with but I mostly went to school with rich rednecks so it wasn't that great. But yeah I can't believe how much recognition Your Chance to Die is getting these days, not a lot of bands from SC really go anywhere with the exception of Nile. Speaking of them I know their new guitarist because I've played with several of his other bands and the dude is kind of lame haha. Good musician but not the best guy to be around and he always acted like his bands were bigger than Metallica or something.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jesus, the jealousy is unreal haha I aim to be the only dude from my high school in a quasi-successful band. I just gotta start one

I haven't laid eyes on him at all, but one of my friends said that her and her bf met him and they (her by and the guitarist) might be clones.

the dude abides

4. For fans of The Black Dalia Murder, check out this sweet melo-death bands bandcamp

the dude abides

• Like Like x 1
  5. There really haven't been a lot of people from my high school that did anything with music and those who did went the route of music education to become school band directors and stuff like that. We did have one of the top high school bands in the country which was pretty cool since I played trumpet but I was also kinda drafted into it with the ultimatum that if I quit I would be expelled for getting caught with weed, booze, and cigs at a football game in 10th grade haha.

That band you posted sounds almost exactly like TBDM, like if you told me that was their new album I would believe it and not question it one bit. I'm downloading it from their Bandcamp as I type this.

• Like Like x 1
  6. #6726 squidrick420, Sep 13, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    Killer live video from some friends down in Birmingham Alabama. Their vocalist is one of the best singers I know and has smoked me out numerous times after we play down there. They have been around for years but they only have 1 demo from like 4 years ago, they need to get their asses to the studio!

7. #6727 SoundClown, Sep 13, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2017

Never can go wrong with a J and some old school Scorpions :love-m3j:

8. Have you heard the word?

the dude abides

9. I got back from a pretty rad tour last night. The best date by far was Shadow Woods metal fest in the middle of the woods in northern Maryland. It was hundreds upon hundreds of people camping out in the woods for 3 days with some killer bands like Panopticon, Vastum, Woe, Castle, Withered, and tons of great bands. I've got a lot to post about some bands in the future but for now I'll post the highlights. Panopticon blew my mind and it was the first time I saw a metal band where everybody was cool with sitting down. I was personally up front sitting cross legged smoking a bowl haha.

20170916_202804.jpg 20170916_212249.jpg 20170917_074638.jpg 20170917_074635.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dude! I was just in Maryland Thursday to Saturday!

the dude abides

• Like Like x 1
  11. Those were the exact same days as the fest haha. I played there on Saturday. It was up in the woods north of Baltimore near the PA state line. Easily one of the best fests I have ever been to! Saturday night I got super stoned and ran around the woods with the drummer of Krallice who was there with his other band Woe. They gave me some pretty rad weed gummy bears.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dude that sounds radical. I need to go to a fest

the dude abides

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Fests are pretty great as long as they are run well and this was ran perfectly. Speaking of fests I can't say much now but we've been booked on the final day of a very big fest in spring of next year with some legendary bands. The announcement should come soon :devilish:

14. Why did my thread die :(

the dude abides

15. ^Because we're the only ones left who still use GC for the most part. Lux just kinda dropped off the face of the earth or something. At least the thread isn't totally dead, as long as we keep posting others will still stumble across the thread.

Another killer band I played with at Shadow Woods Fest. Two stories about them. The first is that their vocalist was stage diving like crazy and in the process kicked our drummer in the head. The second is that we bunked with them but they all snored so damn loud that I couldn't sleep even while stoned on weed gummies and exhausted from running around the woods. They all sounded like they were dying at night but they still managed to play some of the best modern death metal I've ever heard.

16. Another great band I encountered on tour. I played with them in Brooklyn and at Shadow Woods and I was pretty impressed. Their guitarist/vocalist is also in Trap them and I got to hang out with him for a while and he is a pretty cool dude.

17. Ima check these out in the morning when I turn my phone on and get some herb

the dude abides