Heavy Metal Metalheads unite \m/

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by StonedMortal, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Damn, the elitist archives (yea I'm snarky towards them, but they are an invaluable resource. Just don't go near the forums) have accepted Oathbreaker based on Rheia.

I'm mentioning this because I actually agree with the genre they have for them Post-Black/Post-Hardcore. I could never put my finger on their sound, but that's spot on.

Also they've apparently been lumped into the Blackgaze scene. I wouldn't call them Blackgaze, but okay lol

2. Back on the Oathbreaker tangent from last night, I just nocticed, their vocalist is kinda like a female Dave Hunt (the human scream machine from Anaal Nathrakh).

@squidrick420 you can back this up since you've seen them live like I have, her harsh vox have a really fucking sinister edge to them don't they?

Moral of the story, Anaal Nathrakh and Oathbreaker should team up. Or even just do a vocalist swap for shits and giggles.

3. I do remember her vocals being more blackened than hardcore and having a harsh edge to them. I can't quite remember exactly what they sounded like but I do remember them being a lot heavier than I had expected.

4. Heres a refresher (also a really good song in general)

5. People have been trying to get me to check these guys out for a while but I could never figure out what they were saying. I kept hearing things like "pastrami kazuzu" or "harambe cthulhu" but never had a clue exactly what they were saying haha.

6. I recall them a bit better now, I missed about half of their set since I was busy unloading equipment. Fun fact, they used our drummer's drum set so it was fun watching them play with a drum head that had our sigil on the drum head.

7. If they took a video, that's some free promotion for you in Belgium
    You're forming an international fan base inadvertently lol

• Like Like x 1
  8. I wish they took a video haha. I think most of them bought a shirt and CD from us though so either way that is longer term promotion. Same thing with Joel Grind posting pics on his facebook wearing an All Hell shirt.

9. [​IMG]

Holy shit I hope this comes near me.

• Like Like x 1

10. I don't know if I've posted this lately, but holy fucksalt Batman, I love it.

Sent from my Z956 using Tapatalk

11. It sounds like they went full circle and they are back to Leviathan era style with a touch of their later sound. I'm not complaining haha.

12. @squidrick420 dude I got something I think you'll really like

Metal-Archives says they're Blackened Sludge/Doom with Crust influences, and that sounds about right to me, but it doesn't mention the cello, the viola, or the standing bass lol

@StonedMortal I think you'll dig them too (just Google "dead to a dying world litany bandcamp" if the app is saying this is unsupported)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Um recently been listening to..... ghost, gojira, husker Du and darkest hour check them out

Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk

14. Sent from my Z956 using Tapatalk

15. So I get on Facebook and see a picture of my guitarist hanging out with Phil Anselmo lol. So that explains why we called off practice tonight.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Good thing or bad thing?

Sent from my Z956 using Tapatalk