Heavy Metal Metalheads unite \m/

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by StonedMortal, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Los Saicos are apparently considered the first Punk band, and they formed the same year as The Who, so yeah The Who was one of the first.

Edit: thought I was in PYT lol

• Like Like x 2
  2. Speaking of black metal with interesting influences, some cosmic black metal with a really thick atmosphere.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Regardless of what thread this was supposed to be in I checked them out and was surprised to see that coming from Peru in the 60s haha. I've always associated Iggy & The Stooges with the birth of punk along with Death (the Detrot punk band, not Tampa death metal band).

Released in 1969 and sounds like mid 80s Black Flag, the guitar work is a definite influence on Greg Ginn.

4. Yeah they're something different.

You should try and get on a tour with them, I bet they have a crazy live show.

Also on that music "video" (more psychedelic journey), I feel like I would have said "yea fuck this I'm going home" when I got to mountain of corpses that looked exactly like me, not climbed it to see what's up :laughing:

5. That might be possible at some point, it all boils down to finding the right person to contact about setting up a tour. Prosthetic is surprisingly not that helpful in the booking department. We asked them if they knew of any tour managers that could help us out and they were like "that is on you, but let us know how that goes." They are great on other stuff though so I don't mind the freedom to book with whoever we want but a list of reliable tour managers would have been nice haha.

I'm not sure if I could psychologically handle climbing on corpses that looked like myself. I think that would be worse than a pile of regular corpses.

6. Apart from the obvious "why do these corpses look like me" we should really be asking why we're around mountains of corpses in the first place.

And the answer is of course "oh right, Metal" :laughing:

And really? Seems like at the very least they would have the means/desire to hook you up with tours with others on their roster? Granted I know nothing of the biz, but still.

7. Metal has plenty of room for mountains of corpses haha. My guess is that it is some sort of death dream during a nuclear blast but who knows.

They make it easier for us to contact other bands on the roster but other stuff like booking and whatnot is generally left up to third party tour managers. That is generally the safer route anyways since a good tour manager does all the hard work and gets us paid at every gig. We just want one that is very experienced and also books good shows on top of making sure we get a guarantee. The tour manager that did our tour with Black Mass was good at the first half at getting us paid but some of the shows were a bit questionable and they could have gone with better promoters but Black Mass are the ones who hired the tour manager and not us.

The Richmond show pissed us off because usually they love us there but the promoter this time stuck us and Black Mass at the end of the night instead of this local band that played for over an hour and caused most of the crowd to leave before either of us played. He apologized to us and we got paid but playing to 15 people when a few hours before there were 100+ people kinda sucks and that local band basically made the promoter give them our time slot since they threw a fit and wouldn't take anything else.

8. Really? Fuck that band, that's beyond shitty

And there was definitely some hallucinations on the part of the main character of that. Noticeably when they switched from the trainyard, to wherever that was

9. Shit like that happens. The promoter of that show has never been in a band and doesn't understand that headlining means getting the best spots and not necessarily playing last. Plus that band was full of ass holes anyways and most of the crowd they drew were ass holes as well. Richmond normally rules, but not that time. Pustulus Maximus, guitarist of GWAR, wasn't there to bring people in like the time before. That dude loves us and wants us to party with him if we are there and he isn't on tour.

As far as black metal goes that may have been the most psychedelic video I have ever seen out of the genre. Lots of strange visuals going on! That is for sure.

10. Speaking of Richmond, these guys rule.
    We have crashed at their current drummer's house and their old drummer (the one on this album) wants to do some live drumming with All Hell since our drummer is having a kid and might not be able to tour as much for a year or so.

11. Well, they're not quite on AFOS level

But I got another strange Psychedelic Black Metal band for ya (no vid this time)

• Like Like x 1
  12. I love Pandora for metal. As long as you remember to thumbs down LoG unless you're listening to LoG.
    Spotify, not so much.

Sent from my Z956 using Tapatalk

13. Sent from my Z956 using Tapatalk

14. Sent from my Z956 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  15. @StonedMortal, got something you need in your life

I know you use the app, but open that in the full site. Or just go bandcamp for Hannes Grossmann, and pick the album The Crypts of Sleep

16. Oh unsupported

17. I've come across him/them on youtube... Idk how i feel about it.

18. Really?

Seems like it'd be right up your alley, some nice Prog/Tech Death.

What in specific is it that doesn't do it for you?

• Like Like x 1
  19. The song to sow the seeds of the earth. That was the only one I listened to and it was on my phone... Me thinks it was an audio problem because it just sounds boring.... Stereo test!

20. It's the vocals. They're either not heavy enough or high enough. It's like an odd mid range for me.

Yet.... I'm reminded of Townsend in a way.... I'm gonna keep listening.