Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Metal shavings in grinder

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by wowjustdoit, Jan 23, 2011.

1. recently my friend got me a grinder as a gift, it has no name on it and its a 4 piece. I checked the keif catch and noticed that metal shavings are in it, it could be thc crystals but im not sure...how can i tell if its crystals or metal and how can i tel if its a well made grinder, of course not the quality of a space case but not a shitty 10 dollar grinder. Asking him is out of the question too. much appreciated

2. just scrub it out, normally you should be able to tell what is kief and what isn't. if you're doubtful (you sound doubtful) better just give it a good cleaning and avoid destroying your mouth lungs throat etc etc etc :D

3. yeah just clean it and use the grinder, a little lost kief is better than metal shavings in your lungs

4. if i hit the kief threw a bong im fine right? and what about a whip based vaporizer?

5. Usually when I get a grinder I first run tobacco or other herb other then wedd thru it to break it in, this way you will know if there is metal coming off n u can continue doing so til no more metal does

6. my friend and I ran into this problem recently and there was a good amount of keif that didn't want to waste. We just emptied it onto a mirror and moved a high powered magnet over it and lifted the little metal bits out easily. :smoke:

7. Wow plus rep for that... So simple but genius

8. if your using a bong the shavings wont matter correct? cuz it wont heat up to dangerous temperatures and it wud just fall into the water?

9. You've been smoking on that metal kush huh? Seriously though, if you think it's metal shavings, it probably is. We can't really help you without seeing it ourselves.

10. if you use a bong you don't have to worry about the metal shavings (if that's what they really are) the metal wont burn but the bud/kief still will and it will just pull through and get caught in the water...

bongs rule!

11. Don't worry... Just some internal body bling.

12. lol. aluminum isnt magnetic so the magnet trick wont work on most inexpensive grinders. soak the kief in iso till its all dissolved. all you will be left with is stuff you dont want to be smoking, including metal. pour the iso out and let it evaporate.

/thread

13. Good call

14. if you think its metal shavings it probably is, especially since you said you just got it as a gift.
    grinders that arent broken in have a tendency to do this, i know mine used to.
    just give it a good cleaning before you shove anymore bud in it

15. magnet? all of the grinders i've seen were aluminum. if you put a high powered magnet near aluminum it liquifies into the keif and you can't use it any longer. i'd be really careful with them high powered magnets.

16. I had this problem before also. I don't know why it works but i suggest useing your drivers license and scoop the kief back and forth for a couple minutes. The metal shavings should stick to it.

17. WTF is this?