Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Metal Screens

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Anclerson, Jul 29, 2011.

1. I recently started to use stainless steal pipe screens in my pieces to keep weed from leaving the bowl. I use a grinder so my weed is well ground up and will pass through if there isn't a screen or some sort of plug. Metal screens safe? How do you guys feel about them? Better solutions?

2. Are you using a glass piece?

3. Yeah. Glass pipe. Meant to say that.

4. its safe just don't use screen from an actual window screen, i use one for my slider always cuz it would waste weed if i didn't, don't want that to happen, :p keep on tokin!

5. You shouldn't be able to heat stainless steel near hot enough to melt it or release any vapors, and it's somewhat a given that they'd be safe if they're made for pipes.

6. Yeah. That's what I figured. Just wanted to hear some different opinions.

7. Have you tried glass ones they are a bitch to get in with a small bowl but i just leave it in and it's all good

8. No. I'd like to try them out. I guess the reason I haven't yet is that I can get metal ones so cheap (100 for around $5 on amazon). And I can just toss them when they start to get clogged up. Most people I smoke with don't use anything...:rolleyes:

9. i wouldn't say their actually necessary when your smoking out of a bowl...

10. I asked a guy at my local shop about the metal screens because of the same reasons, and he suggested the glass ones saying the metal screens weren't good for you. I don't know if it's true or not, but maybe there are some oils or something on the metal screens that I wouldn't want burnt up in my smoke.

The glass one works perfectly, and I think they last longer than the metal screens, as the metal ones warp with time (so I am told)