metal hallide

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by zakna, Apr 1, 2013.

1. How are metal hallide lights going to work for flower?

2. mh lites are to far into the blue spectrum to flower good you would prob do better going with a higher red spectrum cfl set up if you cant use a hps set to flower

3. The hrs the light is on determines veg or flower not the color spectrum

MH will work I know growers who don't use anything but MH

Sent from iPhone 5

4. but the color spectrum helps determine yields and as i pointed out it would not "flower good" not, not flower at all, you can flower with just about any lite as you pointed out but that doesnt mean you will get good quality or quantity with any lite

5. Mh is sure as hell alot better than CFLs for flowering. I have went seed to bud with mh only, It works very well.

mj

6. if you flower with your MH and you've got the space try adding in a couple of cfls higher in the red spectrum to help balance it out, when flowering the plants will use more lite from the red scale and adding these may help with your yield, i use diff types of lites along side my hps to increase the blue spectrum when vegging and give the red a boost when flowering

7. I will have 4 red spec 4' sunblasters. So i will be balencing the light out a lil, i just already have mh and dont want to spend the money on hps untill next time. I used just the sunblasters last time and they worked but not too well. Potent, but not alot. So if i use the mh on top and use the bar lights on the sides as suplementry lighting, ill be fine? Like im not juust gunna grow leaves right? Im kinda expecting leafer flowers but i just want better results then just the bar lights.

8. I have a thread on this whole topic check it out imo you do not need cfl lighting MH will give great results but more lights wont hurt if you already have them just watch the temps with more lights

Sent from iPhone 5

9. Okaay thanks everyone for the information, and other info on what kinda of results would he great in usuing 50k colour mh and i alreasy have my sunblasters.
    Heres a pic of now. Ill will update pics whwn she is done.

ForumRunner_20130401_114939.png

Attached Files:

10. I will put some of my pics up later. Ive got a set of Larry OG Kush Twins, both under 1 - 400w MH. They are curently at about 3 weeks. The trichoms are popping, and the plant is a nice thriving yellow to lime green. I read that HPS = higher Yield, MH = Higher Resin Count, seems true on my babies

11. Here are some of my babies

Attached Files:

12. Nice

Sent from iPhone 5

13. Great info thanks alot, you can post on this thread(your pics) if you want. I would like to see them and follow your results, im currently under 1x150w mh + 1x54w 4' 27k floro sunblaster + 1x54w 4' 60k floro, i have other kinds of plants so space is only a 3d of the bar lights, but the baby gets the center of the mh light. I will be adding another 150w mh and 2 more 4' 60k floros and i will switch the other floro to a 60k replacement, so that all my floros are 60k, i would like to add in a 150w hps but i thing funding will be an issue so im going to just use the mh and the floros.
    Any other info on the differances of using mh and hps would be greatly apriciated

14. nice setup. I actually have about 7 White Widow X Big Bug about 2 days in Sprouting, Along with Auto Amnesia, WWx OG Kush, NL X Chronic and planning on getting a 400w HPS to see if a higher yield is possible, and also combining both lights to see the results. Ill be opening up a forum/ journal for the progress on the next set. Also keep updated on the twins I have

15. Thaank yyou, when you do both could you stop by here and drop a link to your thread?? And my baby is a clone from bagseed fem that was amazing and her mother aallsssoo was amazing so i have high hopes for this girl i ran 208 total w 60k floros and smallish ammount of very high grade bud. Now with the mh's addes in i am hoping for some good results. I have a thread that i regularily update i can post the link here in a few days time.

16. We are both using fairly close lighting schemes, you 400 mh and me 508 total im going to switch to a 19 l pot and switch to flower in about 4 days time

17. I think it would be usefull ti compair results

18. Sounds good. That size of pot will be great, lots of space for the roots

19. Thank you, i modified a 5gal pale put wholes in botten for air aswell as on the sides(neer the bottem). I used it last time for the mother

ForumRunner_20130401_201511.png