Metal Halide vrs High Pressure Sodium

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by hymee, Apr 15, 2008.

1. How big of a difference in yeild would I see flowering with a 400W MD bulb:rolleyes: compared to a 400W HPS bulb?

2. MH bulbs are not intended for flowering your buds will take much longer to develop and finish and may not be as dense as would be with a HPS.

3. more trichs doesn't make i t worth it?

4. There won't be a huge difference between HPS and MH but HPS tends to produce better bud

If you want, just use the MH with 2100k CFLs

5. cool. I was thinking that the spectrum that the HPS puts out was tits for flowering and since the MD puts out a different light spectrum i might end up with so-so buds using it. The HPS is rocking so far so I'll stick with it, but next time I might try going the distance with the metal halide.

6. if you want to use Metal Halide like I said before in other posts use Ceramic Metal Halide from Philips it is full spectrum with more red than HPS and more blue than MH with considerable UVB output I got pics coming on Thursday of my bubbleberry and NL that I finished under CMH and they are the frostiest buds I have ever grown or seen in person that is for sure. UVB= THC production and the density is definitely there just not as much bud as might have been with HPS. Quality is definitely better with CMH but yield will be a bit more with HPS. That is why I might be doing a 600 HPS coupled with a 400watt CMH when I do my grow in my own place. ;)