Metal Halide question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Hollywood247, Apr 24, 2009.

1. I just recently purchased 250 watt hps/mh light with an Eye Hortilux - Blue metal halide bulb and was wondering if I can use this through veg & flowering?

Thanks.

2. just veg. youll want to use a hps bulb during flowering. Hope this helps

3. yes you can! as a matter of fact there have been arguments as to which produces more oil, and trich.( although all seem to agree on HPS producing the most weight)

...optimal would be to have a HPS bulb for flowering..but if you want to get a harvest in before buying another bulb... your fine ( just do not switch to the HPS setting if using a MH bulb. :eek: ) and in the future it is best to buy replacements at the same time...so if you buy a HPS in say 3 months after this grow...when you replace your MH...just buck up and replace the HPS bulb as well. ( keep the old as an emergency back up if it makes you feel better ;) )

there was a time when HPSs were not used in MJ growing ..and the only thing you would find in HID lighting at your grow store was MHs ( now thats like 25 years ago..but still we had buds :smoking: .)

4. thanks Wharfrat74, I also have a 150 watt hps sun system, would that be alright to run with the metal halide during flowering? or is it enough to flower about 3 or 4 plants?

5. this particular bulb, the blue one, is perfect for veg & flowering. If you were using normal bulb, I would say MH and after, HPS, but hey, this is a damn good bulb (I have the 400 watt blue hehe, and damn the plants seems to love this light!).

With MH, your plants won't stretch like if you were using HPS.

This bulb worth every penny. MH all the way (with this bulb ;) ) !