Metal Halide Question...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Leafsfan81, Aug 25, 2007.

  1. I finally got my ballast kit, its a 400W Metal Halide, but I don't have a fixture. What I don't understand is, do I have to buy a fixture with a cord on it, because I have one plug which goes into the wall, and then there's another female plug. And also, do i have to use an open fixture or can I use an enclosed one? And will a 400W Metal Halide work for the flowering stage or just veg?
  2. you have to get the fixture, wire it to a cord with the male end that fits that female end.. an eletronic deptarment of Lowes or something shoul dhave everything you need (get the right socket too!) you can use that in a hood, but its gonna need to be ventilated some how.

    400w MH bulb will work fine for a whole grow, but an HPS set up would work better ;)

Share This Page