Metal Halide and Trichomes ????

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Hashmouf, Dec 14, 2007.

1. So I ran in to an old grower buddy of mine the other day at the Hydo store. I was buying a new Metal halide bulb cuz my old one was getting worn out, while I was looking at the selection I felt a tap on my shoulder when I turned around it was my old grow partner from High school. He lived out on a farm a few miles out of town and we used to grow skunk inside his old barn with no roof! :D But anyway He noticed I was buying a MH bulb and asked if I had triedswitching back to Metal Halide the last 2 weeks of Flower to increase Trichome production.

Anyone else ever hear this theory????

2. Seems practical since MH rays are higher in UVB levels than HPS.

GOOD SHIT CLOSETHACK! P+[​IMG]

Yes I may toy with this in the future, in many different variations.

3. If you have them, I throw a MH in with my HPS

4. why not buy an additional mh for the final 2 weeks to supplement the hps

5. Well hmm, my HPS bulb just burned out this morning and it's my last 2 weeks of flowering. Just switched to my MH bulb, guess I'll partake in this experiment :p

6. I actually want to try the opposite and provide the MH through the first 3 weeks of flower and then switch to the HPS

7. I've heard of that being done on strains that had a severe pre-flower stretch.

8. I read in hightimes that the extreme high and low temps can improve thc production because the plant tries to sheild its young from these conditions. I think a good way of finding out which stress is best vy observing the conditions of high thc plants from different regoins of the world i have done a kittle research but im still a little cloudy i think the MH makes the enviroment hotter...