Metal guitar players: favorite brand/model?

Discussion in 'The Musician in U' started by GAMECOCK, Dec 16, 2013.

1. What's your favorite guitar for playing metal with? I personally like my Dean MLX.

2. Well, I play mainly metal when playing guitar ( including but not limited to death metal, black metal, thrash) but all i have is a squire haha. Whenever i play a guitar more suited for metal i feel like i play so much better than on my strat. My solos feel/sound cooler, not to mention i can play much higher on the fretboard. I'm currently saving up for a new guitar and amp!

3. #4 Will_Blaze, Dec 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2013
    I don't have a favorite Brand because I think all brands have different things to bring to the table. Gibson, Ibanez, ESP, Jackson, Schecter, I love em all.

Then you get into the high end custom shops, Mayones, Skervesen, ViK, Oni, Ormsby, Acacia, Ran, KXK, and so on.  All put out superb work. (none of which I can afford)

4. That is a difficult question.
    At first my favorite was Schecter. I picked one up at a guitar shop and it just sounded like perfection.
    Sadly I didn't have 900 dollars in my pocket.

I've been sticking to Deans. Great tone, super light body's,, and one of the most affordable guitars I own.
    I have the Vendetta XM-6 and had the MLX-6 as well, but I traded that to a D.D fan for a delay pedal and an eq cause I needed those more.
    i also have an Ibanez Gio RX20Z right now and it's amazing! 
    Next on my list is a Jackson. They're one of the best, if not (in my humble opinion)the best metal guitar for shredding. 
    I've only played one Jackson, but the neck was just too perfect, i was flying up and down the fretboard like I was Billy Mays at a blow party. My fingers felt like I was sliding them around on carbon fibre. Amazing.

5. Les Paul. Hands down. Has THE tone, that thickness and power.