Metal Gear Solid

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Helikaon, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Metal Gear Solid movie announced | Technology | guardian.co.uk

It's back on!

Who'd be your choices for director and actors?

Director:

Christopher Nolan. Obvious choice, MGS would fit his style perfectly.
    Neil Blomkamp. Another guy who would fit the styke.

Solid Snake:

Christian Bale. Obvious choice, looks just like Snake, he's said in the past he'd like to play the role.
    Michael Fassbender. Could play the cold and efficient Snake of the first game.

Liquid Snake:

Tom Hardy. Nuff said.

2. Yeah, I just hope whoever does ocelot does a great job. I do Agree that Fassbender's a shoe in, he's got liquid's intensity but If bale had one chance to prove he could be Snake, he fumbled it in terminator 3. There has to be someone who could play grisly but cynical at the same time with a certain sense of humor. I know it's a dated reference, but the closest cinema's come to that actually happened before the game itself with Kurt Russel in Escape from N.Y. As long as nolan doesn't give it his usual flair for twisting the story up at the end (the game takes care of that well enough) I'd see him capable of delivering, but I think he's more interested in doing a personal project than an adaptation, four of his last six or so films have been adaptations so it'd be great to see him try something new (as long as it isn't overblown by the media like inception, batman always comes with bells and whistles so it's not as notable in this sense).

3. Hugh Jackman or Eric Bana should play Snake IMO. I believe series creator Hideo Kojima wants the former.

4. I've heard that Solid Snake was based on Kurt Russel's character from the movie. His character is named 'Snake' too, I believe.

Anyway, if this actually gets done I hope it gets done properly. The MGS franchise is probably my favorite of all time (besides Starcraft lol)!