Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Metal bat pipe on plane

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by dentonite420, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Okay, I am traveling to Hawaii in 2 weeks, I intend to buy a glass piece there but I also want to take my metal bat pipe (The ones that look like a cigarette) with me. Would this be an issue with airport security? Checked or carry on? I just dont want them looking through my bag because of a metal rod.

Any thoughts?

2. I wouldn't test carry on security with something like that man. I got arrested for accidentally carrying a shitty little letter opener through a checkpoint once, I didn't even know it was there, there was no way it could be used as a weapon, but they fucking arrested me anyway.

Just clean it well and pack it in your checked baggage. You're likely to get your bag searched anyway, whether you have a metal bar inside one or not, and it's not illegal to transport in your checked luggage.

3. If it looks like a cig, throw it in a thing of batteries or something, find something similar to it in a group of objects thats also metal. i dont know if you know what i mean though

4. shove it up yo ass they'll never find it
    unless you shit it out on the plane
    :D

5. except it's metal and you go through a METAL detector.

6. boil the pipe before you go to the airport, and put it with a small cluster of office supplies. say its a pen holder

7. depends on how strict the airport you fly out from is. hnl is very laid back though, you can carry clean glass pipes through both your carry on and checked bags no problem :). i've carried one of those metal cigarettes out of jfk without problem as well.

8. wow I am a dumbass:eek:

9. Thanks, that dosen't sound too bad

It looks like a cigarette though.

I will be flying out of Dallas Ft. Worth, connecting in LAX (Although I am just connecting so I doubt it will be an issue there) and then going to Honolulu. The exact same trip in reverse going home

10. #10 baalpeteor, Jun 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2010
    You will be ok. I flew from the south all the way to VA, brought a Sheldon Black tube, and flew back. It wasn't even clean (i did soak a lil and it wasn't THAT dirty, but the inside had visible residue I couldn't get rid of with just soap and water rinse.. I didn't have time to soak overnight!).

I haven't tested carry on as I put it in my check bag (the one u drop off to TSA) that way they can't say I even had access to it. Unless you're planning to be smoking on the plane or while switching airports/waiting I would suggest completely cleaning it and it will be ok on your carry on. I've had laser pointers, beeline, etc on my carry on.

good luck and have fun on your trip! and since your in hawaii make sure to get some beeline from the source!!! Oh and those cigarette pipes are pretty cool. I brought my first today and its got me baked out my mind. You just have to know not to pull too hard so the ash doesn't get in your mouth and you'll be ok :smoking::smoking:

11. just put it in with your normal luggage and dont try and hide it, because if they do find it then they will be like "wtf, why are you trying to hide shit from us?" and create a scene or whateva. Just keep it clean.