Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Metabolism

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by freename22, Aug 24, 2009.

1. So maybe this is a weird question, but ever since I started smoking daily, I've been taking shits 2-3 times a day! I'm just wondering if weed increases metabolism or not and if anyone else has noticed something like that. I tried googling but it was inconclusive.

2. Well, if you've been eating more than you have while sober, that could be it.

It's not cause of the weed, it's cause you eat too much!

3. That's crazy cuz since I've been smoking daily I take more shits too. :p I've made a promise to myself to not eat more cuz of the munchies but just to drink lots of water so it's not becuz of an increased food intake. btw, I've lost 18 lbs since I've started smoking daily without an increase in exercise... which has only been for about 2 months.

4. Not to me but that is the excuse I use to use when living with my parents. For some reason I would always retreat to my room 2-3 times a day during the summer.

However it could increase your metabolism cause your heart beat increases. This is just a high guess, I have zero facts to back up my last claim.

5. I love water. That's all I drink anymore. I got one of those big filter pitcher things, and I fill it up twice a day I drink so much. I've dropped like 10 pounds since I started drinking just water, but that could just be because I'm not filling my body with soda anymore.

6. Pot does not speed up your metabolism. My guess is the change in your diet since you started toking. Water also helps you stay "regular".

7. I personally think it does.

Cannabis increases your heart rate

The faster your heart is beating, the faster your metabolism is going. I.E. Why we get the munchies.

8. i dunno about a faster metabolism but i know i get more exercise when i smoke cause i get stuff done for some reason

9. Not in all people, also higher heart rate does not necessarily mean higher metabolism. It does increase your appetite but it does not increase your metabolism, or at least at this point there is no research to prove this to be true.

10. you can start taking oxycodone, and then won't be shitting so much. i've noticed that i get skinnier when I toke. ....well, at least it's not crack. lol

11. All I know is when I smoke my resting heart rate goes from like 70bpm to 94bpm. Then I just ravish anything insight.

12. Yeah, that's the same adjustment to my life that I made. I cut every drink out except water (and beer).