Metabolism question

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by purplenurpleallen, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Late at night I debated with friends how big a difference your genetic metabolism can affect your weight?

I figured your genetic metabolism wouldn't differ a lot or inhibit you from losing/gaining weight. How you stoke the fire for your metabolism is what makes that decision.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. It all depends on the thyroid and in more severe cases the pituitary, hypothyroidism is no joke for those who have to take +200mg of levothyroxine daily just to mantain their bodies functioning. The caloric difference might be in the range of ~100 kcal, but if the condition is untreated or not well-managed, the effects of it, such as nausea, tiredness, etc. also play a big part in the amount of calories that person burns, compared to a normal one.

3. Hypothyroidism is the worst thing that's ever happened to me. I had fine metabolism a before and I have to take a pill every single day, and it's been 6 months and still haven't got my medication figured out. I've gained 18 pounds in a month :( I'm hoping my weed smoking will help balance this out for me. Just recently started blazing every day so I'm looks forward to seeing what it will do for me.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum