messing with genes.

Discussion in 'Cannabis Breeding' started by zakna, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Anyone got any clue how to intentionally cause its genes to fracture during the cloning procsess?
    I mqnaged to do it accidentlt, but i wanna do it and clone and repeat the procsess untill i get a gene break thqts really good like idk say a jump in tch or growth rate or favorable groth structures.
    Any tips woulde aswome, i hear UV messes with dna any info on what kinds of UV are 'bad' for dna? I also have heard that ozone can.cause dna damage how much should i use to mess with dna but not completely destroy my babies??

2. ive been cloning the same strain for years now, and my problem is that I cloned from the original mother plant, then flowered the mother, grew the clone into a mom and took clones, then flowered the mom, see where thats going?

Somehow I started with Fire OG and a strong lemon cleaner scent, now a year later the lemon smell is almost gone! it somehow mutated out or something I cant explain, but the potency of the strain has gotten very high, noticeably the CBD.

also ive noticed my clones have alot more one finger leaves than before and it doenst hurt the end result flower. its a good mutation.

3. Bingo i fucking knew it all my friends are sayn its nothing and im like noooo plants have a weaker dna and it changes randomly to addapt, notice any like growth increase im thinking maby cuz the light can get threw the canopy better??

4. And what kind of lights are you using, im woundering if maby marijuana dosnt react to UV right away but it has to be over time and breeding to make it addapt to a higher UV, or maby evironmental things ?? Im also woundering JUST how much i can change its dna from its oegins, maby i can break ot down enough to introduce other dna into it and make it a new plant all together

5. I have my moms and clones under 200-350w CFL lighting 5000-6500k
    Then they go under 600w MH conversion light for veg
    Then off to the 600w HPS flower room.

The temperature in the mom/clone room is at 68-76f lights on, 65-58f lights out
    600w MH room 75-80f light on, 65-58 lights off
    600w HPS room 83-89f lights on, 68-60f lights off

6. im going to start a new thread about genetics for my advanced studies of this.

7. I will definatly be checken that out thanks

8. its ion my sig, the blue link below me. check it out.

9. So i keep hearing, that pistols and fully developed single calexs ( i had always thought these to be preflowers?) In like the 1st 2 weekd of veg, iv noticed it with some and others it takes untill flowering, but not with clones every clone iv seen has had this, but apartently both are not suposed to happen untill flower? Whats the deal with this you know? Cuz my like under 3 week old vegd clones have what iv alwys thought to be preflowers.

10. And as a side note, i aquired 5 clones from a sensi star plant, 4 of witch were stout but fast growing and strong ect good indica, but the 5th had single fingered leaves, and grew all... well i thought it had extream heat stress, but nothin i did fixed it, and it grew that way up untill harvest, and it was messed up looking but still good, nd i changed lights ph nutes temp RH ectectect... thought id share, oh and all the sensi star plants had like camoflauge looking leaves witch they eventually grew out of, but no damage or nothing so i dont think it was a MG problem.