Messiah

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by esseff, Aug 14, 2012.

1. I did something different yesterday.

What do you mean?

I did something, kind of spontaneously, that I'd been meaning to do for a while, ever since the idea first appeared.

What did you do?

I sent something to a man I've never met.

When I first had the idea of doing this, a number of things wanted to be included, even the idea of physically taking them myself. But none of them were actually necessary; they were all just about making the connection more real.

The idea of things being more real never leaves me, even though it sometimes comes with the understanding that I'm already doing it, just by being who I am and doing what I do, even though much of the time I have no idea of the effect this actually has.

Even though nothing HAS to happen to make things real, I've had this niggling feeling that something is going to.

All this comes under the banner of ‘belief system' of course, and in the realm of belief systems, this one's a doosy. :smoke::smoke:

I've talked about the idea of messiah before. I've mentioned the possibility of messiah not as an individual, but as a kind of presence, that everyone can feel and experience.

This ‘messiah' vibration can't just enter an individual all at once though, as it would be too much to handle. So it has to come in gently, little by little, so that as it changes things, it allows adjustment and assimilation of the reality it confers along the way.

Once it reaches a certain level of presence, and is affecting life a certain way, the individual would be ready to step into the world, not only seeing themselves as they are, but being seen as such by others.

What's interesting about the messiah idea – individual Vs abstract, is that none of them are wrong. But there was something I hadn't quite understood.

The experience of messiah coming through a single individual has been talked about for ages, as has the abstract, but it is not the most likely possibility.

There are two aspects to life, Yin/Yang, positive/negative, surrender/will, etc. Each requiring their own opposite in order to be complete. Expressing itself through opposites, where each having been through a vastly different life journey, like the way the two faces of a coin are always different, but without both of them, it's not a real coin, two opposites are needed to manifest messiah. And when they realise it, like matter/antimatter, the effect this will produce will become so powerful that it will really change things.

This is the last piece of the puzzle. This is the bit that makes it make sense, and which needed to be understood. I've always felt conflicted about the idea of messiah as it stood. It was always about each of us doing it ourselves, not waiting for one shining from on high to do it for us. This is religion's fault unfortunately. Religion, made by man, yet making itself infallible, having to force itself upon those who did not wish to accept it. But, for all its faults, religion is not completely wrong, not in its essence.

I'm only speaking from my own perspective here of course, but that doesn't mean you won't read this and feel inspired to say something in response. Something that might reveal a level of understanding and awareness that will confirm what many people already believe.

MESSIAH IS ALREADY HERE.

2. Are you saying there are two unique individuals in the world right now, who appear to have opposite traits, who are physically manifesting this energy, and who, rather than annihilate each other, will learn from each other's differences in order to complete their own individual picture?

Or are you referring to that which is within each of us, that reveals both sides of our own coin, and which, once each is experienced fully, will allow 'messiah' to manifest itself more directly?

3. [quote name='"aurobindo"']

Are you saying there are two unique individuals in the world right now, who appear to have opposite traits, who are physically manifesting this energy, and who, rather than annihilate each other, will learn from each other's differences in order to complete their own individual picture?

Or are you referring to that which is within each of us, that reveals both sides of our own coin, and which, once each is experienced fully, will allow 'messiah' to manifest itself more directly?[/quote]

I believe he means the latter...

Not sure what the first part has to do with it though. Sending something to someone you've never met?

4. i was reading a novel and the author posed an interesting thought. i'm still not quite sure what to think of it but the essence of the idea was interesting. he said that it almost seems as if much of the intention behind rhetoric, at least in when constructed at a high level, is post hoc. again, just an interesting thought (maybe it was more interesting in context, though).

truth cannot be found unless you are willing to receive. you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. forcing 'truth' only butchers it.

5. #5 aurobindo, May 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2013

If he's thirsty he'll probably drink anyway.

Truth is all around us. But what is truth for you may not be truth for me. Willing to receive it is not the only factor here - able to is another. I might be very open to receiving truth, but if I'm not able to see it as such, no amount of openness will let me. Some truths can't be realised until others are found first. Some cannot be seen at all unless one resonates at their frequency. I cannot experience what I am not already the vibration of.

6. #6 aurobindo, May 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2013

And if there were, would they know it, outside of their own uniqueness? Could they imagine the effect such a connection would make? You see for me, and for many others I suspect. The idea of Messiah is represented by the idea of Jesus. A single individual, who lived a few thousand years ago, who embodied the concept and which eventually led to Christianity. He may not have wanted such religious outcomes, but man has a habit of making things he believes into his own image.

But let's say for a moment this was true. That this Christ energy/vibration manifested through a single human. There are many who wait for this to happen again, wait for Jesus to return, or another to step forward vibrating in his frequency. This is in the realm of religion and belief of course, and so may have no basis in reality at all. But if it did, just say it did, couldn't the idea of it also evolve too? Perhaps in needing both halves of two unique individuals, with different traits and experiences, to walk together, they create something that goes beyond the sum of the individual parts. Something far more real than just another man riding around on a donkey. Like two brothers, each with their own idea and connection, each doing what feels right, yet knowing that like a conjoined twin, their effectiveness is only truly realised when each supports and accepts each other.

What if the two became three, or four, or more? What if we're no longer supposed to see a Saviour as someone who does for us what we cannot do ourselves, but the beginning of a process that allows anyone to raise their game, and the only limit is what one is open to or capable of accepting, leading all the way to feeling the connection that only the messiah vibration gives?

I am not religious in any way, but I can see the truth behind such an idea. I see that there are two individuals who already know each other or are aware of each other in some way, and yet they have not come together for whatever reason yet.

7. The idea of one person being this entity.... is very much as has been mentioned.... a very human idea....
    yet it came from some where.... and alittle bit of seeking has already shown clearly....the other side of this coin....is simply every person being one...
    It may not always be what you think you are looking for.... yet it is you as i am you....
    Silly humans always so distracted by the world they rarely ever see.....
    Fuck the world.... fuck all its distractions....
    Forget about what is wrong with everyone else....
    Forget what they are doing for you or to you....
    You cannot fix these things by being consumed with them.... step back ....see that they are you....as i am you....
    There is only one lesson which counts....
    What you put out...comes back round....
    Fix yourself... be what you want to see in the world.... and you will find it.... you will find that it was always you....
    Those around you will see....
    And those who choose to see...may then fix themselves.... may then find....that it has always been them....
    one person to save them all.....

No....
    When all the people are one.....they will be saved....

When they see past the walls the world has built between them.... they will know....they have always been one....
    When you make war on your brother....you make war on yourself....
    Foolish fucking humans never realize it is their own flesh they chew......

One day they all will wake up.... stop hiding in the light.... tear down the bulshit they have hidden in so long.... and realize once again....

I am you as you are me...
    The only limits have ever been selfimpossed....

8. Beautiful sunny day... not supposed to rain for days..... yet as i type my last response.... the wind picks up.... the branches begin to sway....
    Thunder in the distance.... flashes of lightning drawing close....
    Couldn't ask for a more beautiful evening....

Unless perhaps someone wanted to go for a walk....

9. We are stuck here.... doing this all again and again..... until everybody gets it....
    No one gets left behind....

All those out there trying to hide themselves by pointing at others will be the hardest to wake....

They have themselves so limited...so separated... they cling so disparately to what the world sells them...
    Those who have already seen thru mans religions are already a step ahead... they see what does and does not make sense.... and reject foolishness....
    They are already looking beyond some of the walls....
    Some turn away only to hide in a different illusion...
    Some turn away because they are seeking truth.... and do not find it in the words of men...

Truth is.... no one is holding you back but yourself....
    No one is "doing" anything to you but you....

"He is you just as i am you...." ...if only you could hear it in her voice.... a voice which is felt as much as it is heard....

"Do not be afraid....
    He is you just as i am you....
    Even if he does not smell so good... or look so pretty... he has his place as do you.... as do i.... "

Falling back thru vivid water....
    Sinking deep in memories void...
    Remembering the rides i knew so well....
    The games we played on one another...
    childhood nightmares slowly begin
    Everything tastes of copper...
    Blood runs across the moon.... turning the whole world red....
    As i reach the crest of the wave... her voice.... deep and dark as the midnight forest... hushing away the screams of an entire world gone mad....
    Words of comfort in an unwrightable language...

The red sky turns grey and then black....
    And then i wake again.... lost in this world.... surrounded by myself.... dieing to break free....

10. What if the idea of waiting for someone or something to do it for them...... is exactly what had been keeping them stagnant all along....

11. "Those who feel the most feel the most pain. Those who love the most can get hurt the most. It takes real effort not to become closed to this for good. And the result is to open things up in a way that surpasses 'normal' feelings of love, goes beyond what most call love, beyond that kind of pain, into something sublime, where something far more real lives." -Esseff