Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Message to Medical Cannabis patients. . .

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by BubbleFunker, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Until the DEA DIES, it may be best to use discretion when posting too much info about dispensaries. If you value the dispensary you go to, please do those clubs a favor and limit the detailed info you post about them. The DEA and their minions do peruse your postings on here.
    I truly hope Obama will follow through with his promise to end DEA raids on legitimate coops and collectives who supply us with our needed medicine.
    Until then, we must use discretion. :)

2. I suppose you may be right

3. I will heed your advice.

But, to go off on a similar tangent here, if you are a small-time personal marijuana user (like myself), I have no problem masquerading on here and blowing out of proportion my activities(not that I have thus far). Saying stuff like "hey, bought a qp today, pushed it in an hour!" Things that may flag us people who in reality only have an 8th and a bowl to our names, but would lead the narcs on this board to spend time and effort to 'get the big bust.'

Why? We need to detract resources from these people for certain, distraction is a useful tool. Anything that can waste the DEA's resources is a victory in my eyes.

4. Oh please, let's stop with the paranoia already. The DEA already knows about clubs and dispensaries, and there are more details posted in other places. The GOOD clubs work with their local governments to follow the business rules in place and pay taxes, but the DEA can certainly pull business information from those tax rolls.

I also wouldn't bother exaggerating anything, they're not interested in end users, and for a MMJ patient to patently lie about their usage, that doesn't look good on the movement in general.

Just do your thing, follow the laws that are in place, and go to reliable and responsible clubs.

But let's leave the paranoia for those who are still illegal.

5. #5 whiskey, Jan 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2009

I agree. The dispensaries I frequent are legit, and I really doubt, I mean REALLY DOUBT that the DEA is on here see what WE have to say about them. Sorry, but we are FAR from being that important.

I do my own thing, and I'm not about to worry about the DEA.

ETA: I love my dispensaries and I do value them, but there is so much information available on them all over the internet, I fail to see how posting on GC will contribute to DEA raids.

6. It may seem like paranoia to you, but to those involved in the movement, directly, it is sound advice.
    My family ran a dispensary from their home, with no paper trails (names, addresses, etc, of patients), discrete, and they had a lovely business, with very happy patients. Then they moved to a regular office type location, did everything necessary to comply with local law, paid taxes, their dispensary was listed in the canorml site, and within no time they were raided by DEA and all their product, cash and computers were stolen by the DEA. No one was arrested (go figure, DEA M.O.= thieves!).
    So, in my opinion, it's probably best to keep things on the DL till our new admin. does something concrete about this situation.
    Patients need dispensaries!

7. #7 whiskey, Jan 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2009
    Patients DO need dispesnaries, and the DEA raid on your parent's dispensary probably had EVERYTHING to do with COUNTY [they were in] general intollerance of them.

Not every county has dispensaries, mine doesn't. They all got shut down, but I know that wasn't because of posts on the internet but because of government officials with nothing better to do. Now, I just go to San Francisco.

I agree that the DEA is completely wrong to get involved, HOWEVER, marijuana IS still FEDERALLY illegal, so um, it's a risk EVERY person runs when opening a dispesnary. It's known, that is not new news. Any person that opens a dispensary has the risk of it being shut down by the DEA and losing everything. It is a very risky thing to be involved with until federal policy changes.

Obama said he'll stop the DEA raids, so we'll see what happens. Until then, while I'm sorry for your families loss at the hands of government agencies, that has everything to do with the information your family filed to be legitamite that the DEA uses against the dispensaries to shut them down, that's what they do, not browse internet forums.

8. Nicely put by whiskey and wildwill.

That being said, I still think there are narcs and DEA on this site, but that's a topic for another forum if I'm not mistaken. I'm not saying they are on here to pursue people, but I do believe that a.)they want to keep a general pulse on the cannabis movement b.)if an opportunity presents itself for them to make a bust, I wouldn't put it past them to pursue it.

9. I think that there are probably government officials on this site, but I think that thinking they are observing us as individuals is really inflating our selfworth. I know from a police officer that he used to HATE catching people with marijuana, it was a waste of his time to have to do the paperwork and process them for such a stupid thing.

The police, the DEA - they aren't after us as individuals so much [unless we have massive amounts of marijuana] and I think that's something that as a whole we need to remember.

I just don't waste my time worrying about it. This is a marijuana board, and I'm going to talk about my marijuana experiences here. *shrugs*

10. Yeah, what he said above. Don't have much else to add, except this:

First Amendment: Freedom of Speech applies to the internet, we aren't doing anything illegal discussing marijuana on a message board.

11. I merely suggested using discretion. It's not mandatory at all.

I've stood by and watched federal agents posing as homeless guys camped out across from the club. They were observed photographing patrons, and using very nice cell phones. One was followed to an apt. behind the club, and when the apt. door opened there were DEA, FBI agents with a room full of video cams and recording devices all over the place.
    When this was reported back to the club's owners, the owners shut down before the agents could swoop in and steal their business.

Awareness and discretion is all I advise.

12. #12 clinton, Jan 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2009
    Have you heard of the NSA? They have the power and ability to read every post, listen to every phone call in the world.

They do not need any warrants to watch a web site. Be sure that every post with a key word WILL be traced. Any word that may be terrorist key words will get their attention fast. Your IP gives your location away. Even proxy servers only slow them down as they trace jumps all over the world.

If you are worried do not use a phone, computer, fax machine. If you ever use a cell phone dispose of it right after the call. Use only cash - no bank accounts or credit cards. Do not use public transportation. Do not frequent public places where video is taken. If your face is in the system, current software can instantly analyzes your facial features and identify you. They do this at air port etc.

Or relax and enjoy your life. Or keep that cyanide filled tooth ready to bite when you get caught.

clinton

13. You assume the DEA is so incompetent they don't know about all dispensaries..

14. See, here's the thing: I think most MMJ patients already use their better judgment when posting on these or other message boards. I know I do anyway. You won't ever see me posting a "pick up" thread or other silliness. I also discourage using the system to legalize recreational use. Other than keeping the discussion of MMJ respectful I don't really see what else we "NEED" to do.

15. werd

I don't think I have even seen any posts on here that have given out sensitive information about clubs anyways.