merry xmas. Some opinions and experience with LED

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by lightworker30, Dec 20, 2014.

1. Hi there.
    Just wondering if anyone else has discovered or had problems with led's taking much much longer to flower??
    I mean my friend has had up to 9 plants in a tent 1m2 homebox silverline.
    He had a 5week veg and repotted to 3gallon square pots a few days before switching to 12/12.
    He runs a quite powerfull ductfan from system air germany i think its 260-280m3/h and a very good primaklima coco carbon filter.
    Lights used has been at first a very bad led called Flower Power with most red wavelenght and deep red,(idk why the fuck he sprouted /prevegged under that shitty light. It had 72 x 3w epiled chips and drew about 145-158w of the wall at 220volts. It made some sprouts streach and brake cause it was most red and not good at all.
    He then added a panel with 80 x 3w epileds called sensimilla and this was way better with uv,bright white warm white blue red + a total of 7bands,BUT again out of the 80 leds in the panel only 56 works. So one driver or 24leds have gone rouge:)
    This worked ok for a week or two and after about 27 days from seed, he added my brand new topled mars2( "900w") 11band led actual draw between 420-470w somwhere.
    And this was working veery good in veg and should be by far enough to cover the tent. In veg the GO bio line was used (bio root + bio seaweed,bio wormcasting,bio thrive grow also used some hesi supervit, advanced b52,
    In flower we thought the leds would do a very good job but all plants except trainwreck fem developed way too slow buds and just kept growing and developing more and more buds unntil we added my digital whelthink 600w hps with 600 superplant 2100k extra par bulp with a euroreflector at about day 38. The trainwrecks (greenhouse arcata cut supposedly) was more frosty than anything i ever grown or seen grown by anone allready spitting trichomes at day 12 flower and was cut down at day 61 of bloom superdense and frosty but with small pots and only 5weeks light after germinating it did not yield anywhere close too what i thought.

Anyway the other plants did start flowering more after the hps was added at i think day 38 but straina like critical,thc bomb, pineapple kush did not get close to done in even now at day 90 of flower the pineapple kush and two socalled ice that was suppose to be allmost pure indica and one of my favorite strains of all time both are almost pure or are pure sativas and certainly not the ice its supposed to be.
    Had to harvest thc bomb at day 79 of flower and they even then looked like they needed a week or ten days more but he couldnt fit more than the two "ice" and one pineapple kush that all grew like crazy and the sativas are still developing new bud growth but have about 20% red hairs at 90days flower!!!
    And the most funny is the pineapple kush supposed to take 7-9weeks that is a meter high with a rockhard 50cm kola and alot of sideshots have been this large for weeks but just a few days ago it had no absolutly no trichomes anywhere but now it has as many as the trainwreck had at day 18 of flower lol.
    Not nuteburns,some heatstress but not of significance been up to 31-32degrees celsius some days on the tops.
    So too try force this girls done we added ripen at half strenght alongside an overdrive at half strenght. And shut off both leds and only use the 600w hps 2100k bulp from today day 90-91 of flower.
    Its the slowest and most unpredictable grow i have ever been part of and thats with 13-14 years of growing experience. But fuck leds suck bigtime for flowering.
    Think ill order and customize my lamps to have one with all red and deep red and ir and orange bands and one only for veg with all white bands blue bands and uv chips maybe add some of the new cree chips alongside bridgelux instead of epiled..

I will never take part in a grow with plans to trust leds alone for flowering.
    Only if its only a supplement to hps cfl and with only flower wavelenghts for flower.
    In veg leds are just as good or better than hps mh but dont trust that any ledbrand that draws less than 500w of the wall will not be good for more than 0,8-1m2 of tents in veg and less in flower.

2. I am not sure led is the problem.. And even if it is I say it is the quality of the led you have.. Most likely it is the strain or just a bum luck of genetics. If seeds are not stored right they mess up.. And clones don't always take exactly right.
    Flowering is a hormonal change. Just like people the ability to supply specific hormones is limited on occasion.
    There are tons of ways to help out the hormonal change and should be researched before writing off LEDs. (In my opinion of course💆)
    I prep my plants all kinds of subtle ways and have very good luck ( a couple days) before I flower. It's worth respecting to find out what might work in your application..
    I use California light works solar storm 440 and it rocks!

I am so open minded you should only think like me..