Meow?

Discussion in 'General' started by bromance, Nov 5, 2010.

1. Do any of you ever feel as if you can't break the language barrier between yourself and a cat/dog/whatever? Like you spend 5 minutes telling the cat about your day, or maybe an issue in your life..

And..all you get is a 'meow'.

But what does meow mean? Maybe meow means 'what' in cat language, or maybe meow means something much deeper than that. Maybe meow, depending on the tone or the way the cat meows, is actually it giving you advice or trying to comfort you.

But you can't decipher what it is the cat is trying to say, so you just shake your head, shrug your shoulders, and just reach out and pet it.

Will we ever be able to fully understand animals or will animals ever be able fully to understand us? Meow.

2. We must anamorph!

3. Most animals send out signals through body language, waging tails, way ears are pointed etc.

A cat doesn't have the mental or vocal capacities to communicate through meows

4. Meow = I want attention.
    Meeeooow = Litter box is full.
    Meeeeeeoooooow = Out of water.
    Meeeeeeeeeeeeoooooooooooow = Out of food.

5. It is of interest to note that while some dolphins are reported to have learned English - up to fifty words used in correct context - no human being has been reported to have learned dolphinese. - Carl Sagan

It would be one of the most amazing experiences for me to have a meaningful two-way conversation with a different animal species.

6. I think animals can understand our basic emotions.

7. Meow = fuck you

At least in my cats language. He's an asshole :l

8. I kid you not, sometimes I will have a 10 minute conversation with my cat, I'll imitate his meow and he'll always meow back at me.:cool:

9. With the right substances, you can not only speak to your cat, you can discuss the meaning of life and the multi-verse theory.

10. My cat almost always gives a seemingly appropriate response to what I'm saying so I like messing with him. Like, if I'm yelling at him, he'll yell right back and sometimes I'll ask him about his day just for fun and he'll go on a tangent. It's entertaining.
    I like to pretend he's saying something of substance in catspeak but he isn't. He just wants attention and likes the sound of his voice. Except he doesn't meow, he makes a chirpy/quacking noise (which is hilarious).

11. my cat's meow means the different things for everything, but its always the same fucking meow. Hey cat, change your tone, I don't know if you want me to pet you, feed you, or whatever the fuck you want.

I talk to my dog more than my cat, I feel like my dog actually listens, cats DGAF

12. My Boxer has selective hearing. Cats have more personality then most dogs, in my opinion. I just hate the smell of litter boxes.

13. It is more them meowing in tone, but as far as deep feeling cats have other ways such as rubbing, but they still can't understand a damn word we say. Well except kitty

14. Meow is like the word Dude, it can mean a million different things. :laughing:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RL1Vcn8yX1g"]YouTube - BASEketball: Dude Scene[/ame]

15. Dude, every animal I've ever talked to while high has given me a very quaint conversation. Not through their mews or barks or whinnies or what have you, but through their eyes, facial expressions, and body language.

Hell, the meows are really just a way of making enough noise to let you know they want a conversation.

16. Two years ago I had a miscarriage...obviously I was really sad. I went over my bf's house and he had a cat called Jess (she died last year :( ) and she sat on my belly and very gently touched her paw to my nose.

It was the cutest, nicest thing anyone has ever done to me...we could have been best friends if she wasn't a cat.
    :smoke:

17. You've never wanted/had an animal become your best friend?

All of my dogs and my girlfriend's cat are some of the best companions I've ever had.

18. Sadly no. The only pets I've owned have been wankers lol.
    My brother had 2 kittens (Rolf and Royston) that used to have bum sex with each other.
    He trained them to attack me every time they saw me, no joke.
    One of them left and moved down the road to our neighbours house because he preferred their food to ours.

We had a dog once, called Eric. He just used to bite us, piss on our beds and hump the crap out of our legs.

They just don't like me :(

19. Damn, you've had some bad luck with pets.

I guess I was just a nature boy when I was a kid. I spent all 8 hours of my days during my childhood out on my family's farm climbing trees, digging tunnels and exploring the flora (we had some awesome trees, rows of vegetables, and killer bushes) and trying to understand the secrets of the birds and rabbits and become accepted as one of them.

Plus, I've slept with cats and dogs for as long as I can remember, so I guess they've spread the word around to the rest of the animal kingdom.

20. I think my cat's meow usually means "I'm dying of renal failure, help me you fuck!"

Then when I try to give him his subcutaneous fluid his meow means "Get that needle out of my back you fuck!"

My cat swears like a sailor.