Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Mental Problems and Cannabis

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by SineDieDCLXVI, Apr 20, 2010.

1. #1 SineDieDCLXVI, Apr 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2010
    Hello :)
    This is my first thread and I just had some questions to ask.

First of all, I have a few mental illnesses and am on some medications for them.
    I love marijuana so much but have had a few hiccups with it.

General information:
    6 Feet tall
    200 Pounds
    High metabolism
    I'm a Copenhagen dipper

I have these conditions:
    Anxiety
    Bipolar
    ADD
    Dyslexia
    OCPD

I'm on these medications:
    Zoloft 200-300 MG
    Depakote 500 MG

So here comes the questions:

Why am I so lightweight?
    I get BLAZED from ONE hit of mids.
    If I smoke any more after that, I get "too high" and may have a panic attack.
    When I first started smoking, I had about three panic attacks.
    I'm laying down with my eyes closed and could swear that I'm falling from space down to earth very fast.
    I have butterflies and CEVs while it's happening and if I were to get up, I would definitely puke.

I was about three years sober and started smoking again in January, on a daily basis.
    My tolerance is still at about two hits, today I had three and got a three hour headache.
    I think I have learned how to control my panic attacks while high because I haven't had one since January.
    All I have been smoking is G13/Kush

Why did I get a headache?
    There was no stems or seeds in the bowl, it is a steel pipe and was filled with resin topped with ground up cannabis.
    I had a good time laughing and hanging out, but after about an hour I started to wear off and get a headache.
    Now it's a migraine.

What are the dangers of mixing Marijuana with Zoloft?
    I hear horror stories all the time about panic and anxiety attacks while high and on Zoloft.
    Maybe there's something I can do to have a more enjoyable experience.

I have a VERY sensitive chemistry... can voluntarily release adrenaline and also can feel chemical imbalances in my brain.

2. Hello there

1. Some people are just sensitive to weed, and that's that. I happen to be one of these people, and if you know you will get uncomfortably high after 2 hits, then only take one. Don't let the peer pressure get to you, I'm sure your friends will understand if they are "real" friends.

2. Drink more water so you aren't as burnt out on the come down. You may have gotten a head rush if you held the smoke in for too long, so that could have also caused the headache. Just smoke a little more to take it away :D

3. I also have anxiety/ocd, but I don't take any meds (Kind of self-diagnosed myself). My buddy who smokes a TON takes zoloft for his anxiety and he has no problems whatsoever. He actually told me they mix pretty well together, but that might just be him.

Remember man, take it slow. Don't get too high and have an unpleasant high, just be where you want to be.

Good vibes man :)

EDIT: Oh yeah I dip Cope too man, it's the only way to go. Trust me a nice dip have a smoke sesh is very pleasant.

3. I never hold the smoke in... but I was factoring in dehydration and laughing a lot.
    I'm pretty sure that's what caused it.

Reguardless if I have a headache or not, it's 4:20 and I'm smoking anyway :)
    I love a dip of Copenhagen Snuff just after smoking, great cure for cotton mouth AND makes you higher than a cigarette would!

Plus, Grizzly and Copenhagen are the best tasting when high.

4. i have picked up odd forms off ocd since i have begun smoking weed. if i ever see anything gross anywhere, even on t.v. or someplace not even in contact with me, i have to was my hands. i often rinse my hands too, because it makes it try to forget about thinking of all the germs on my hands. this little germaphobic habbit is like an ocd thing because of me always being high and it makes me think too hard on things, so i just can't stop thinking about things that bother me. sometimes this is a good thing though, because it pushes me to find out problems that people have and attempt to fix some of their problems.

5. To answer your first question, some people just happen to be lightweights when it comes down to certain substances. Trust me, being a lightweight isn't bad at all, you save a lot of money and still get as high as everyone else.

For your second question, you might be dehydrated like you said. A glass or two of water before you smoke should solve this.

As for your last question, I wouldn't say there are any dangers. I've gotten my mom high before and she takes zoloft, but nothing negative happened to her. I'd said you're safe.