Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Mental Illness

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by valhalla777, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Hello,
    This is my first post on this forum and just had a question for the community. although im sure it has been asked before. I will give a little background info on my situation and try not to get to mushy gushy .in noway is the follwing me trying to gain your sympathy or using this forum as some place to dump my problems. this is simply the only place i could think to ask.

i have been suffering from crippling anxiety/depression from a child. Mostly taking manifestation in phobias like Hypochondria, religious ideals and weather. I started medication at 12 Zoloft i believe and started a number of different types of therapy. as my mother struggled to pay for meds and therapy i barely made it out of elementary school because of attendance. I did however get some relief in the first years of high school. But everything came back with a vengeance manifesting in new ways causing me to leave high-school and continued being a guinea pig for the doctor to figure out the magic cocktail.  everything from anti-depressants to anti-psychotics supplemented with tranquilizers. i began felling toxic and every time i was done a bought of medication i felt i little different every time like my personality was being irreversibly altered. 

that all brings me to now 23 years old. luckily despite my lack of education and my aversion to interacting with people im fortunate to have a blossoming career as an artist. which has allowed me to put my partner through collage and raise our daughter. I have so much to be grateful for but i cant enjoy life. im constantly trying to keep my mind going at 1000mph just trying to avoid being left with my own thoughts. i have to jump between learning about 10 subjects a night to tire my mind just so i can sleep. i can honestly say that i have tried almost everything from expensive treatments, government funded programs, a long list of pharma s and organics. im no longer looking for a miracle cure because i know that's not the way life works. All im looking for i some way to make life a little more comfortable with out poisoning my mind and body. allow me to stop thinking and just take a rest, stop worrying that the pain in my leg is a blood clot. 

So all that dramatic mumbo jumbo leads me to my question. Can Cannibis help me? I understand that it wouldn't be so simple as to just go grab! there's strains Indicas, Sativas,THC,CBD so many factors that goes into the madicinal qualities of the plant. Iv been exposed to cannibis through out my life but never really drank the cool aid. iv been reading about the anti-psychotic effects of cbd and the uplifting effects of THC. So lets say in the unlikely event that cannibis can help me i live in Canada and cannibis isn't a recognized treatment for mental illness so that would mean that i wouldn't be able to get access to dispensary medicine. unless i took it into my own hands which opens a whole other can of worms. If anyone has any information, articles, doctors, clinical trails anything at all that would help me find out if cannibus is the medication im looking for please share.

2. Anxiety, depression/mental illness qualify under Category 2 of the MMAR. Not as easy as Category 1, but doable with your doctors help.

Can it help? Only one way to find out. You're going to have to try some under controlled conditions,(at home,with someone you trust in attendance, secure in the knowledge that cannabis has NEVER killed anyone in recorded history.) You will not be the first.

I'm an oil guy. I believe it is the best bang for the buck. Not as fast acting as smoking or vaping. Edibles are also a good option.

Do yourself a giant favour and check out Storm Crows big list of links to all things cannabis.

All the best.

3. #3 onkruid, Aug 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2013
    storm crow's list

http://forum.grasscity.com/medical-marijuana/645925-grannys-mmj-list-july-2010-a.html 

maybe this might help dunno..

MI is a bitch yes MMJ can help people but in some cases it can exacerbate symptoms.

I advise starting slow in a safe environment with someone you know well.  Don't dive in with say brownies or something for your first time trying to treat a mental illness .

and ps...not allowed to talk about meds on here like zoloft and stuff...just a heads up. k?