Mental Illness Support/awareness Thread

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Papageorgio, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Hugs to you all today my loves.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  2. #1242 Dizzy, Mar 5, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2019

You get seizures to Anni? Can you tell me if there anything docs can do about like meds or something im about done/tired of having them tbh! Its been going on for so many years I should be used to it by now but im not.

~Toni~

3. There are some bipolar medications that are also used to prevent seizures, you might look into that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. I take Rx meds. I take lamictal I did take keppra but it made have anger problems. I'm one of those people that get the worst side effects, that statistic that says one in one hundred people will get this then I'll be that person. The medicine I'm taking now is giving me a rash, it helpse not have seizures as often

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. Don't cry onto the fresh paint papa, you don't have time for another coat. Goddamnit this sucks. I need to go to the funeral but this is not the time or place to resolve my daddy issues. It Should've been him. We were supposed to talk shit on my dad at his funeral. This isn't how it was supposed to go down. Its just too fuckin late. Too Fuckin late. I'm sorry my dad is a piece of shit. I'm sorry I ran away and you had to deal with him by yourself. I'm sorry I didn't help. Suicide, drugs, whatever. I could have helped you.

• Friendly Friendly x 5

6. I think it's okay to let it hurt but don't blame yourself
    This isn't on you

<3

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  7. Lost his battle with drug addiction at age 30, left behind 2 kids. :(

• Friendly Friendly x 4
  8. I'm sorry Papa. Wish I could give you a hug.

Sent on my pet rock using my upgraded sling shot!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  9. #1249 Papageorgio, Mar 7, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
    Oops

10. I used to suffer from this my doc called it being passive suicidal. I started new bipolar specific depression medication and it has really been helping. I get mild bouts of depression and mania still but I have not had any suicidal ideations in 1.5 years. Even though I still get depression it only lasts for a short time and don't get depressed as much as I used too.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Sorry for your loss man.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  12. Alright... So...

All I gotta do now is go to my best-friend-from-5th-grade's (aka step brother, yeah, my dad married his mom, I was unaware for like 2 years) funeral, and say hi to the family (father) I've been ignoring since liiiike... 2010. "I don't miss you and have no desire to have you in my life." I'm sure he'll take it well...

Ugh

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Shitty dads are the worst.

You don't owe him anything.

Again, i'm sorry you're hurting <3

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  14. My condolences to ya.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. I'm not going. I don't feel good about it, I know I should, but it's just too much.

• Like Like x 1
  16. You don't need to do anything that will make your mental health worse.

• Like Like x 1
  17. You can always pay your respects your own way. That's what I've done for a few that have passed on. If he is buried or his ashes are spread near by you can go on your own time and terms.

Sent on my pet rock using my upgraded sling shot!

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. I've had using dreams for the past 3 nights in a row. Just stumbling upon my old drug of choice in my closet, an old pair of cargo shorts, and in an envelope mixed in with old mail. No thoughts of "I shouldn't do this." No hesitation. I just do it and lift off, numb to the world. And then I wake up. At first I'm bummed because I was high as a kite in the dream and then I wake up sober. Then I get mad at myself for doing the drugs at all. Mad at my subconscious for even bringing it up. I realize it's a dream but I feel like the "dream me" is a reflection of my true self. My true self is still very much an addict. Its been over a year and it's still a struggle, at least after dreams like these.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  19. Much love boothang, much love. I believe in you and I think you're doing pretty well all things considered dude.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. I have epilepsy i don't know if that's a mental illness but I do have ptsd and bipolar 1 i know those count. Plus I grew up with a mother who is bipolar schitzophrenic with narsacistic rage syndrome so i know crazy lol. Trust me I grew up with crazy. Not to mention I kind of got used to narsacistic attitude again I grew up around it.