Mental Health

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by YogaBytch, May 2, 2018.

1. How has cannabis effected your over all mental health?

For me, I'm diagnosed with major depressive disorder and generalized anxiety disorder with anorexia bulimia subtype.
    I've found that smoking medical marijuana really has changed my life profoundly and since I am new to the various sciences and strains associated with this new part of my life, I'm curious what your experiences with marijuana and mental health. Not only in yourself, but other people you may know on a deep level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Like for my anorexia, I'm stoned and eating peanut m&ms like it's no big deal, where the thought of eating them would cause me so much anxiety I would need to walk to the gym to run off the extra calories. But instead, I'm here eating them like I was before all this mental shenanigans started taking place. Eating with like no guilt feels so amazing
    I might feel regret in the morning, but at least for tonight I can take care of my self so my muscles won't ache as much tomorrow for not getting enough calories the day before and the day before that. Idk...just needed an outlet to share in my little triumph

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. Well I started out using it as teenager at 15 to get high but, then stopped until I was 18.

Then at 18 I begain using it for insomnia and depression and still do to this day. So yeah its improved my mental health I just started out way too young. I wouldn't say it help me back in any way though I graduated high school just fine.

Since I already had depression I was just self medicating at that point. It works though can't knock it. Sometimes I take tolerance breaks just make sure my reality is in check.

Some days are harder than others some days I complain and hate the world and other days I just sit back and laugh. I ask a lotta people for advice as well I attempt to connect with others on some days. I like think I make others feel more useful by my idiocy at times.

I'm still in a bit of a rough patch but I'm getting a little better each day. I'm losing weight. Trying to find work. Going to collage. Trying to get enough money to get the fuck outta my parents house. Trying to find my place in the world ya know the usual. I find cannabis helps me make it so others don't to feel pitty for me and it steps out of wollowing in my own sarrow. I fight it everyday cannabis is just a tool the real healing comes from the power within.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Cannabis is considered a good medicine for mental illnesses as it is best predictor of violent behavior.

5. Diagnosed with depression and post traumatic stress, this was almost thirteen years ago..

My mental health has 360'd due to cannabis, toward the better

• Like Like x 3
  6. Diagnosed bipolar 2 ,ptsd , anxiety they kinda all go together. I've been getting high on something since the age of 8 ( thanks dad) the only time I,m not on something I'm either very manic which is heaven on earth ! or very depressed and lock away in a mental hospital for my own protection or yours. I never not been high and doing well on my own in 50+ years even on 8 different meds. it's all a matter of time before my demons are back .But Weed has at least given me a way to escape reality without down downside of many other less harmful option. The demons are still there but the thc has allow me to move to a more positive part of my brain well putting wall around those demons so I don't have to see them at least for that day.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Thanks for sharing your experience guys

8. When I Smoke Weed It Helps Me Focus On 1 Ting At A Times An Also Along With My Pills Help With My ADHD An Schizophrenia IMO. Im Alot Less Of A Mess When Im High An A Better Woman Too An Not So Crazy Or Irrational An Impulsive An All Kinda Other Stuff.

~Toni~

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. You dont HAVE to. Exercise, diet, and therapy can be the most effective, long term solution. Mind numbing antidepressants were nearly the end of me. Its not just the never ending string of side effects (that they will happily give you more drugs to combat) its the intended affect of the "antidepressants" themselves that is an issue. Given the name one rationalizes they will "fight depression" and make you "happier". The fact is, they fight both depression and happiness. They neutralizes all of your emotions. You cant take away the bad without taking away the good. I would rather be miserable 24/7 than be a brain dead zombie. At least you feel something. Feeling nothing makes you believe you might as well be dead.

If you do decide to get off the meds your on, i want you to be aware that it will be very hard. They really downplay just how hard it is to get off them. You have to relearn all of your emotions but this time as an adult, not a care free child.

10. Yeah I like the balance I got now, just 2 psych meds, and another one for RLS(restless leg syndrome) and then nothing but pure weed!!!
    Not too shabby for one who was once on 6 or 7 meds and NO weed.
    Plenty of alcohol and junk food though!
    Anyway now I'm high and happy after touring a school I want to go to and get back in the work force. Weed is giving me the courage and serenity to do that.

• Like Like x 3
  11. I have been diagnosed with epilepsy. Cannabis helps me when I do have seizures and it calms me down,being stressed is a major trigger.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. I like it so

13. Nice to let go of trying to understand why I feel like shit sometimes and imagine all this bad stuff others might think of me, being afraid they're going to say something to me about that... nice to just NOT have to understand any of that, agonize on WHY I go there, trying to figure out reasons. Reasons? My chemicals are out of balance. Meds help but they don't cure it. It is what it is and I am never going to understand it but I can manage it and refuse to allow it to govern me. It has more power over me when I dwell on it. It's there yes, but I can just say, "oh it's you," and dismiss it and focus on the positive. It's like mosquitoes. You don't deprive yourself of the enjoyment of the outdoors bc of one little flying biting bug lol.
    Easier said than done, sure but I have had good results so far! :GettingStoned:
    I think I need to credit weed with calming down my chemicals and evening them out more. Gets me out of my shit enough to figure out what to do!

14. Are you on meds? Or does cannabis replace them? My son has epilepsy. He was diagnosed about 7 months ago and has been taking Keppra (Levetiracetam) since that time. I wonder whether CBD can work for him either, but I'm not sure his doctor will allow experiment with taking him off meds right now.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. I am on depacote and vimpat for the seizures I was on keppra for a long time but it made me feel angry all the time so they replaced the keppra with vimpat and I've been doing better cannabis does help.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Doctors dont know everything. CBD has basically no side effects. I say its worth trying. As Annicus said, pills come with crazy side effects. But doctors are owned by big pharma so they have to push pills.

• Like Like x 1
  17. That they do.

18. Thanks for your reply! I didn't notice any side effects, but I'll be more attentive now. It seems that CBD is really worth trying.

• Like Like x 1
  19. It helped me stay sane in an insane world.

20. The effects of cannabis on mental health can vary greatly from person to person. While some individuals may find that cannabis use helps them to manage symptoms of anxiety or depression, others may experience negative effects such as increased anxiety or paranoia.

In my personal experience, I have found that cannabis use can have both positive and negative effects on my mental health. On one hand, I have found that it can be helpful in managing symptoms of anxiety and stress. It can also help me to relax and unwind after a long day.

However, I have also experienced negative effects from cannabis use, such as increased anxiety and paranoia. This has led me to be more cautious about my use and to be mindful of how it affects my mental health.

If you are considering using cannabis for mental health purposes, it may be helpful to consult with a healthcare provider.