Mental Block

Discussion in 'General' started by bushsmokerkushsmoker, Sep 18, 2016.

1. Okay so I know this is a forum for stoners not doctors but hey, I thought I'd see if anyone can help

This has happened since I can remember. Whenever I do any drug (alcohol or weed, nothing hard) I have had a mental block for at least a month after while abstaining from any drug besides caffeine. I tend to forget words and can't complete a sentence fluently, I have to stop and think , sometimes I'll completely lose concentration and entirely forget what I was saying. It can be pretty problematic as it can make me come off as not very intelligent. I can only describe it as a "brain fog". I also have problems trying to comprehend information told to me , I fully understand the words I am told but I can find it difficult finding meaning out of what they say.

I guess is this the case for anyone else? I was looking at possible vitamin deficiencies but I have a very good diet so I highly doubt that is the case. Any help is appreciated, thanks - Ben

2. Omega3 fish oil. Might do the trick. Since it is brain lube

• Like Like x 2
  3. #3 bushsmokerkushsmoker, Sep 19, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
    Thank you, will try get some supplements on my way home from work

Edit: I just read a few interesting articles on Omega 3, and apparently the brain actually is 8% omega 3 fatty acids. Pregnant women that ingested less omega 3 during pregnancy had children that were 48% more likely to score in the lower quartile of tests, and that omega 3 can actually slow down the decline cognitive abilities as we age, it can also regenerate cells. Previous to such studies surrounding omega 3 it was widely thought that cognitive functions progressively declined and it was irreversible, yet omega 3 "shattered" this theory.
    Thanks again

4. No problem :wave:

• Like Like x 1
  5. I've heard 5HTP works well for brain fog as well as the fish oil. Get more sleep too.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Welcome to my world.

• Like Like x 2
  7. I recommend a foghorn mounted on your house:/
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  8. So do I use this to scare away kids on Halloween or to wake me up?

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Caffeine is a helluva drug.

I mean, Starbucks is pure gold, so.....

• Like Like x 2
  10. Google definition: 1.a medicine or other substance which has a physiological effect when ingested or otherwise introduced into the body.

11. just ask yourself the question, does caffeine control me, or do I control my intake of caffeine? Coffee can slip into the lives of many while not changing the perspective of how it affects daily life. To each, their own.

• Like Like x 2
  12. I can't tell if you're joking or not...it made me laugh either way lol

13. Hey Ben,

I felt like I needed to throw this out there JUST SO YOU WOULD HAVE HEARD IT......I was reading your post and I immediately thought of my wife as she is the same way. I tell you that to tell you this, she suffers from cronic lyme disease and that happens to several people with lyme. Unfortunately Lyme isn't "WIDELY" known so it can go overlooked. She also has ADHD which doesn't help her. I will be honest and tell you I didnt read all of the replies to you thus far but.....do you have ANY OTHER symptoms like joint pain, fatigue, or "flu like symptoms??"

• Like Like x 1
  14. Also, I would REALLY take the POSSIBILITY of Lyme into account if you are outdoors a bit, especially where tics like to hang out.

• Like Like x 1
  15. It's funny you should mention Lyme's disease. A few months ago my friend got back from abroad , had his first shower and a large leech actually fell off of his leg. Went to the doctors and (I'm not sure if they can test for Lyme's disease or how it's diagnosed) but it turns out he has it now. I'm almost certain I haven't been in contact with tics or leeches though.

16. Oh, that SUCKS for your friend!!! I just wanted to throw that little bit of info/experience out there to ya, do with it as you may. :thumbsup:

Also as a sidenote...MAJORITY of people who have contracted lyme say the same thing, and that is this:

I sure hope you haven't gotten it, but just maybe keep it in the back of your mind in case doing Omega 3's or whatever else doesnt seem to help you. Good luck my friend

• Like Like x 1
  17. meditation, it could bring the "aware of it" back to the forefront. serious deep centering and you will know...

• Like Like x 2
  18. I haven't been out much at all really as I've had an operation , I go to work and even then I'm limited to desk work for a while. The only time I'm outside is walking to my car and back really. It's highly unlikely. If it persists after my Omega 3,6 and 9 intake rises I'll definitely go get checked for it. Thanks again I appreciate it

• Like Like x 1
  19. No problem, and hearing your above post...id say its unlikely too. At least you now have some info to look back on in case it doesn't get better like you said. Sure hope the Omegas work for you!

• Like Like x 1