Mens fashion advice.

Discussion in 'Fashion & Lifestyle Trends' started by xtcking, Oct 20, 2012.

1. So, ive recently started liking to wear button up shirts (plaid/pin stripe/ solid colour) I like to wear them causally, out for dinner with friends, at work (when im working indoors) but I'm having a really hard time trying to find advice for such styles, what what kind and colour pants should I wear and stuff like that... any suggestions for sites or blogs or even direct links?

I usually dont give a flying.. crap about what I wear, But as im entering a more professional work, and meeting more mature people, a T-shirt and any kind of jeans laying around my room arnt cutting it anymore

2. Reddit.com/r/malefashionadvice is decent.

3. I've got a pair of dark brown RL pants that look good with every single button up shirt that I've got. Definitely invest in some medium-dark brown Chinos

4. I'm a fan of them with nice jeans personally.

Listen to Automator though. Not only does he produce great albums but he just gave you some good fashion advice.

5. Good for you! "a casual elegance" like a button-down shirt, some jeans and nice shoes go a long way...and women really do notice these things.

Men are afraid to experiment; they're scared to take chances. Guys always think the safest thing is the best thing. Not true. kinda just looks like you could care less. But there has never been a better time to make a change. Men are now being given the same opportunities as women to express their personal style. It doesn't mean outlandish, it just mean why not make an effort and make YOURSELF feel better while you're at it?

Basic Guidelines:

Knit shirts:
    Tops should be fitted but not skintight. One of the biggest mistakes men make, is that they wear their clothes too big.

Flat-front pants
    Right now, the silhouette is looser, with wider legs.

Monochromatic outfit
    The tone-on-tone look is modern and simple and very clean. On trend now for women is monochromatic with a pop of color. (think all black with a brightly colored scarf/purse, or shoes}. I've seen guys do this with basically monochromati wear - be it brown, black, grey..then they sit down, cross their legs and out pops a very cool pair of socks in a different color. It's unexpected...and stylish.

Round-toe oxfords
    Shoes should not be overly detailed

Naturally styled hair
    You should follow the flow of the hairline

V-neck
    This neckline flatters anyone, except guys with really hairy chests, of course.

Slicked-back hair
    Over-gelled hair is frightening! How do you know you're using too many styling products? A girl shouldn't be afraid to run her fingers through it.Heavy gold chains
    Says stylist Cary Fetman: "We're not back into Vinnie Barbarino."

Too much chest
    If someone thinks for a millisecond that you stood in front of a mirror buttoning and unbuttoning, it's a terrible thing

Floral-print silk shirt
    Yuck, no! NEVER not even in Hawaii.

What's HOT

Oxford-cloth shirt
    The button rule: Never show more [skin] than below the collarbone

Leather jacket
    Leather is probably the most good-looking item a man can own.

Silver-buckle belt
    You want a nice, simple belt that isn't super-wide

Well-fitting jeans
    You've got to have a good pair. That means not too relaxed-but not too tight.

Ankle boots
    One of the sexiest things on a guy

Suede bomber jacket
    The brown is very friendly. It's sort of a guy-next-door look.

Silver jewelry
    It should be kept simple, not showy.

What's Always Sexy

•A leather jacket
    •A cashmere turtleneck
    •A fitted, white cotton T-shirt
    •A good pair of jeans
    •A button-down shirt-with no more than the top two buttons undone
    •Clear skin
    •Well-groomed facial hair

What's NOT

Basebal cap
    Not unless you're going to the gym.

Hip-hop style
    This look is kind of over. There's something deeply foolish about grown men with their buttocks jutting out over the top of their trousers

What's Never Sexy

•A comb-over
    •A light suit with a black T-shirt
    •Capri pants
    •Overpowering cologne
    •Thong bathing suits
    •Nylon socks
    •Wearing one designer label head-to-toe
    •Fur
    •Banded collars
    •Sneakers with dress pants

6. But remember the two "catch 22s" of fashion.

1. Be attractive.

2. Don't be unattractive.

7. Where do you live? Do you spend most of your time indoors where its ac or heater on? Do you get cold easy?

8. Get a pair of white dockers or some white slacks. Maybe jeans if you're bold.

9. Leather fashion jacket is the best fashion of 2013. It is high quality fashion. it is comfortable jacket. I like it

10. When it comes to men's fashion, there are a few key things to keep in mind. First, choose clothes that fit well and flatter your body type. Second, don't be afraid to experiment with different styles. And finally, always accessorize with a jacket or coat to add a touch of personality.