Mendo purp sex change

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by southsideSmoker, Jul 23, 2008.

1. So yeah I am shitty. I was looking over my ladies last night and have this mendo purp plant in the front of this growbox 4x4x8 i think. But anyway I was checking shit out last night and thought , "well that is odd that looks like a seed popping thru its case or whatever" And sure as fuck it was :/

So I pull it out and start looking it over and on like 5 of the lower branches there is 1 little effing male flower. So I took it in the other room away from the other plants and proceeded to cut it down. Sucks to cause it was only a couple short weeks away from being done. I grew all these from seed. And out of 10 seedlings only ended up with 1 female of the purp. So I was reeeeeeeally wanting to you know finish it and smoke it lol.

Basically though what I am asking is what are the chances that the other ladies got knocked up by this freak of nature? I inspected them all very carefully last night and don't see any seeds forming . I also noticed that not all the male flowers had dropped yet or whatever. Like they were still closed up and had not yet released pollen.

Another couple of questions will the seeds produce more herms or is it just like a rare mutation? Also I had taken a couple cuts off this bastard plant should I just scrap them? This shit is so bogus , I had thought a few weeks back that it looked like male flowers on the underside of some of the female flowers but just chalked it up to me being paranoid and a newb.

Not sure if it has any impact but these are growing in foxfarm ocean w/e under a 400 hps using the foxfarm bigbloom juice currently. The canopy temp is around 73-75 (is this to cold?) Didn't have a chance to test ph last night because I just wanted to get that hermo out of there before heshe spread his love juice on the others. I thought plants hermed from stress and I gave that bitch a good life lol.